Catch Cans (2 sizes) - Forefront Industries

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new filters made from multi layer stainless mesh

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1799sd.jpg
    IMG_1799sd.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,131
After a unit for the D22 YD25. I gather the small version is suitable? Also a washable stainless filter for it. All up cost? Next step to ordering the unit and filter?

yeh the small unit will be fine ...comes fitted with stainless filter

give me a text if you like can pay by paypal or direct deposit jamie 0427049087

Hi

I just checked my QD 3.2 and it has a 10mm outlet from the air breather.

I was looking at getting the small CC, but are you able to supply a 10mm to 19mm adapter piece?

cheers,

At the moment we are still just supplying the can....adapters can be bought from bunnings in plastic or brass....or a gas/ fluid transfer supplies shop such as hydraulink

Hi

I just checked my QD 3.2 and it has a 10mm outlet from the air breather.

I was looking at getting the small CC, but are you able to supply a 10mm to 19mm adapter piece?

cheers,

Hi mate. I just used a plastic one from bunnings and filed the threads off then go some plastic epoxy from Super Cheap and glued it in. Strong as. If you want some pics yell out and I will post some up of how I did it.

Cheers.

Hi mate. I just used a plastic one from bunnings and filed the threads off then go some plastic epoxy from Super Cheap and glued it in. Strong as. If you want some pics yell out and I will post some up of how I did it.

Cheers.

Hi

I fitted mine today, i used the fuel filter housing to make a bracket for the mount, then used threaded adaptors and barb fittings to get the lines done.

if i was to make a sugestion to the producer
1) make the fittings a thread style, so consumers can purchase a variety of fitting sizes for there applications. not many cars have 19mm breathers
2) include a bung to block off the bottom, one again most users arent going to route the drain verry far, so why not include the rubber blocker? was just anoying having to go find one, even thos it was under $2.

anyway
a picture of my setup, havent finished with painting the fittings in this pic :

uPHiBnm.jpg

Hi got one of the smaller type fitted to my D40 . I just push the hose on to the inlet and outlet . on the bottom I used a small air valve and barb to run a line down to the bottom to be able to empty the can with just a switch of the lever . I moved a fuse box to mount it in a position that is easy to reach and maintain. Hope the pics help.

Attachments

• Mini Catch can 1.jpg
    Mini Catch can 1.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 365
  • mini catch can 2.jpg
    mini catch can 2.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 328
  • mini catch can 3.jpg
    mini catch can 3.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 330
  • mini catch can 5.jpg
    mini catch can 5.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
That's exactly where I mounted mine, accept I put it under the fuse box, nice tidy location hey!
uploadfromtaptalk1394049691234.jpg

how do these work I was looking at the small one I got and I cant work out how the oil gets to the drain bung at the bottom. I know the intake on the unit is on the side and the exit is on the top but the stainless filter is sealed top and bottom. is the oil vapour meant to stay on the outside of the mess then seep thou to the drain bung?? also ive asked this in another thread but I thought I would ask again is there any reason (vibration, ??) I cant mount it to the engine.

It builds up over time and drains itself (going by my Provent large can). Supposed to change filters every 40,000kms on my LARGE can, after long trips, it has a fair coating of oil inside and builds up until it drains to the drain tube by itself.

With the small one I swapped the inlet and outlet around, I also looked at a similar unit and this was the way it was, so far the outside of the filter has remained totally clean and it's draining nicely , yes I have ignored the instructions and did it the way my brain said it would function better, got to love engineers hey, I've also mounted mine on the engine

Latest posts

Back