Battery light on dash staying on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey bloke, are you saying the 90amp ones not big enough - sorry mate it's late I'm missing the yeti analogy?? I think that's what your dr8ving at- yes?

Yeahhhhh could be a knock-off, cheaper boards etc... it was well packed Tony, meaning the box etc looked the goods...

Ooo, well aren't you fancy with your fancy lights ;) mine runs a stator so I can only be fancy to a certain degree ...but I got it looking pretty for the road with lED's, well to get the plates on her anyway... seem to be holding up ok....

Regarding my horse ,I so want to re wire what's been done by 3 or 4 so called auto electricians over the years... I'll bolt this one up and be guided by that, if it dies I'll do it all myself and just work through it forum by forum... oh and buy another fire extinguisher for the cab lol

The 90A one is probably big enough, unless you're drawing up towards 90A off it with lots of lights. I replaced my 130A alternator in my D40 with a 150A unit and it hasn't missed a beat, but I've also removed the two halogen driving lights and no longer have a winch (saving weight and improving airflow). Because I'm not pushing it as hard, it should last longer.

The yeti is a mythical creature, just like "yeah that component will handle everything you throw at it" claims. Yeah, nahh ... components made that only just tolerate a load will die at that load, because of heat, vibration - the tolerance for adverse conditions just isn't there when you are cutting manufacturing down to the barest needed to keep the costs down. That's what I meant.

Bodgy wiring is a pain in the butt, because every bodgy join is another possible failure point. Keep it neat, keep it simple, keep systems isolated so that one doesn't affect another. I have two cable runs heading to the back in my car (both fig 8, so 4 wires in all) so that the dual battery isn't affected by the caravan power. I could have just run one set of cables back and tapped into that at the rear and while I did make a Y-connector and hook up the secondary power to the rear through that, the primary power is a solo run.

Good luck with it!

The 90A one is probably big enough, unless you're drawing up towards 90A off it with lots of lights. I replaced my 130A alternator in my D40 with a 150A unit and it hasn't missed a beat, but I've also removed the two halogen driving lights and no longer have a winch (saving weight and improving airflow). Because I'm not pushing it as hard, it should last longer.

The yeti is a mythical creature, just like "yeah that component will handle everything you throw at it" claims. Yeah, nahh ... components made that only just tolerate a load will die at that load, because of heat, vibration - the tolerance for adverse conditions just isn't there when you are cutting manufacturing down to the barest needed to keep the costs down. That's what I meant.

Bodgy wiring is a pain in the butt, because every bodgy join is another possible failure point. Keep it neat, keep it simple, keep systems isolated so that one doesn't affect another. I have two cable runs heading to the back in my car (both fig 8, so 4 wires in all) so that the dual battery isn't affected by the caravan power. I could have just run one set of cables back and tapped into that at the rear and while I did make a Y-connector and hook up the secondary power to the rear through that, the primary power is a solo run.

Good luck with it!
Thanks..

Yeah I don't run much, power to dc to dc for 2nd bat, x4 rigid industry spotties, winch is not permanently mounted then it just c.b radio dash cam and all if not most lights are now let's.. so I don't know, I'd think 90a would have been fine as "correct me if I'm wrong" the original one is far lower than 90a ..

Ahhh , sorry man - nothing worse than having to explain yourself ;) lol I was buggered last night and it went strait over the top...
well yeah, it's all trust in the end eh but apart from contacting Bosch directly and checking numbers and security codes "highly recrecommend doing now days on all purchases like this" what can you do... like I wrote, the box looked good - so I didn't bother checkling numbers with Bosch... So who knows, i am still to this day under the impression that the 2 ctek's i purchased are copies.. Why, well when i spoke with another bloke that had the same unit and looked at his manual it was the same layout wording pictures etc etc but where there was red print and diagrams in his mine did not??? Weird right, gets better - my manual doesn't show the earths either.... weird eh so ring place where I got them from and real cold shoulder and inquiries went no where, I moved and never followed through. But turns out the only importer is in QLD and he said he didn't know how he was selling his for the price he was and that his books didn't show this guy as a purchaser from this importer... interesting huh.. the guys in Bainsdale if I remember correctly, does a lot of eBay sites .. my life huh lol

Oh yeahhh Tony, lol I'm OCD when it comes to cars, the wiring "is neat" enough but I think it's more that I don't know it, if that makes sense .. sure it's neat enough to a degree buuut.....lol
We'll see, if this one has issues I'll pull the lot me thinks and re wire the lot myself... basically check what has been done is right and re lay it all... I'd like to tidy up the positive feed , far to many wires coming in-in my book.. it's like it needs another heavy cable off the positive that feeds all the gear thats been added at another post ...

Anyways I'll keep ya all posted...

From memory the yd25 in the D22 comes from the factory with a 90a alternator. It obviously has a bit more to run stock than the zd30, with the common rail system, but I can't say I've had any issues with mine.

Maybe you got a good looking copy of a genuine Bosch one or maybe you got one that was built on a Friday afternoon... can they replace the regulator or are they sending you a whole new unit?

From memory the yd25 in the D22 comes from the factory with a 90a alternator. It obviously has a bit more to run stock than the zd30, with the common rail system, but I can't say I've had any issues with mine.

Maybe you got a good looking copy of a genuine Bosch one or maybe you got one that was built on a Friday afternoon... can they replace the regulator or are they sending you a whole new unit?

Yeah I'm pretty sure the 90a for mine was an up grade.. I was going for the 150a but chose the name brand because the one it was replacing was an aftermarket one..
That was falling apart- seriously the insides looked like they'd been soaking in salt water.. Noticed the bearing when i was doing the injector pump looked inside aaand no good..That was only 40- 50 klm old with only one beach trip "no swiming" but did get a spray through rainbow etc..
So yours is original? Yours Mitsubishi or ??? The originals are good don't get me wrong, if mine had of been bigger amp I would have left it original for sure..
I think that was the trick, putting the latter model ones on the zd30, don't say it.... it was to late , I went the Bosch one...

Oh yeah, it was a good one if it was one- the internal boxing was fine, colour print gloss to the box lol nooo it can't be.. but seriously, if it was a copy Auto 8 could be excused... Plus Auton8 have been great with previous product s purchased, costumer service is/has been more than great..
So no, my money's on me or previous works maybe - orrr old wiring.. They do sell a replacement plug with the Bosch too, I didn't fit the one I ordered with mine because I didn't want to risk adding to my problems whilst doing the I.Pump..
Lol and now being in Vic "for a bit" I have no idea of where it is... hmmm I'll keep ya posted on the up coming search, geezzz it's hard when your on the road doing repairs eh

Ahhh new one I believe, no show today ..dang it!

And here I am giving Auto 8 a big rap and the retards have sent the replacement one to QLD and not Vic.... my life eh now they expect me to wait for a week or more whilst they work it out .... seriously...

The little girl on the desk Jamie' , my god if I could get my hands on that one... tries covering its mistake by saying it's my fault , how the hell is it my fault..... wow the lengths people go to to cover their tracks, still won't except he's messed up.... grrr

Latest posts

Back