modded xr6 intercooler into the 03 str

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the stocker should be big enough, the larger one might be harder to fit. maybe someone thats fitted the xr6 cooler can help you there.

you probably wont be able to fit a winch with the xr6 cooler, something to think about if u do much 4x4ing.

wouldnt hurt to fit a thermo fan or 2 to the stock xr6 cooler.
will help in slower driving conditions such as hill climbs off road.

When doing the XR6 I/C mod, does it matter much which end of the I/C you use for inlet/outlet? ie are they designed to flow better in one particular direction?

Cheers
KB

I got my XR6 I/C mounted on the weekend.
Now, I just have to get the piping and hoses sorted.

So basically if ( like me ) you have a winch and steel bullbar it would be almost impossible to fit a front mounted intercooler? Would a water to air intercooler kit be suffice then?

Jarryd

D22 with bravo intercooler

Hey jaymac water cooled more effective at crawling pace but you pay more for em.
I've got a tigerz 12000 winch fitted in custom tube bar. Winch height sits just above chassis rails. Hope this gives you some idea for room even though I've used a bravo intercooler.
IMG_20130120_164604.jpg
2 inch piping
IMG_20130120_165129.jpg
Remounted brake cooler in front with modified stock lower mount
IMG_20130120_165301.jpg
Hot pipe run between chassis and radiator support thanks to 1 inch cab lift

Last edited:
Hey jaymac water cooled more effective at crawling pace but you pay more for em.
I've got a tigerz 12000 winch fitted in custom tube bar. Winch height sits just above chassis rails. Hope this gives you some idea for room even though I've used a bravo intercooler.

2 inch piping

Remounted brake cooler in front with modified stock lower mount

Hot pipe run between chassis and radiator support thanks to 1 inch cab lift

That's a sweet set up mate cheers for your help!! :) definitely going to consider a front mount now :)

Jarryd

$50 for the intercooler with the bravo pipes as well. I used one untouched and cut the other up to make joiners. Little over $200 for everything

good find with the tank - nice fit and the in/ex are in a great position to work with. who cares if it's front mount, at $30 a through drive it like it's stolen ,')
I "was" looking at a top mount but the best and ausie made ones are over $1400-00 ???for a top mount- nice unit but far to expensive I thinks...keep us posted with the fit love the pics..

I scored a 3lt TD rodeo intercooler for free. Am planning this mod, does it matter which side I make hot or cold?

hey, looking at buying a 2007 d22 zd30 with 140,000 kms on it and just wondering if it was worth it? and if so, what are some things to do that would make it more reliable? cheers

140k - Its just a baby. Is it early 2007? We stopped getting the zd30 in 2006 (i think).
1st thing to do for reliability is block the EGR and fit a catch-can.

New shocks if it hasnt already got some. The std ones were useless from factory.

Sorry to wake this thread up, but looking at a water/air intercooler for my D22 2004.

Yay/nah? The intercooler will be moutned as close as possible to the engine but will be wrapped, with the radiator mounted up front.

Latest posts

Back