Day time running lights help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys. I failed my wof for Dtrl not turning off when headlight stun on.
From factory the mcc bar came with a dimmer module which dim the drl.
To fix this I remove this unit and tried running the lights through a relay so I had the relay as constant on so when I start the truck the lights turn on. And when I turn headd lights on it acts as the switch wire and turns them off....
How ever...
The lights are now dim as all hell and look as if the left doesn't even turn on...
Any ideas as I'm not the best when it comes to this?
I'm thinking about running the dimmer module again but have the relay incorporated into it?
Would this work? Or any reasons why the lights are so dim?
Bad connections or earth ?
Cheers Ben

Sounds like a bad connection or earth to me too..

You will need a 5 pin dpdt Relay. Pin 85 goes to earth, pin 86 to the low beam feed, pin 30 fused ignition power for your drl's and pin 87a to the 12v input of the drl's.

Wired like this, you will have output from pin 87a when the headlights are off, but when turning the headlights on the relay will throw to pin 87 and the drl's will turn off.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hey bods,
thats how iv got it wired so its good to see iv done that correct. ill have to double check my connections and earths once that weather allows!
would it be best to have all the earths going into the relay then one back to battery?
or earth the relay to the battery and each light individually to a chassis earth?

You should be able to earth them all on the body as the battery has a body earth anyway. Just make sure you scrape any paint off under the earth connection. You can either repaint over the top or put battery terminal grease or that protective spray you can get over it to stop it corroding.

Hey, turns out half the leds have blown... dont know how i have managed that.. as i would of thought the fuse would of gone before the leds...
any ideas?

Not sure. Chinese quality? They shouldn't have been overloaded, what size fuse have you got in there?

Latest posts

Back