Ordered my new camper today

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laith

Reaction score
While at Newcastle we went to look at some campers and ended up putting a deposit down and ordered one.

Will be ready in 2 weeks.

Its an offroad model with box frame and 100x50mm drawbar.

Trailer1.jpg

Blue_Tent.jpg

looks good was thinking of making 1 myself. single axle, coil sprung, bit for the quad on the front or back, and dinghy on top. good project, but gotta finish the moto first.

Do you mean the tent is similar Shonky? The trailer sure isn't on the same playing field as yours.

We had a weekend staying at Port Stevens. I thought while I was near Newcastle I take the opportunity to go check some out.

Went for a run on Stockton this morning for a few hours. I didn't bother mentioning it as I new you guys would be at Tough Truck. I didn't have much time anyway.

Do you mean the tent is similar Shonky? The trailer sure isn't on the same playing field as yours.

Yeah the tent looks similar, its probably better quality than mine, but I figure if it only lasts 5 years I'll have got my value out of it, then I'll just stick another one on top of the trailer.

This is only a cheap camper so it probably the same quality.

How did you go seasoning the canvas in Shonky?

I put mine up and it has rained almost non stop on it. Its leaking from a number of spots at the stitching.

From what Ive read it wont stop until it gets some sun.

Thats all I did mate, I need to do it again, only did it once with a hose in summer, didn't get wet enough to season it, struggling to find somewhere I can set it up for a decent amount of time.

I set it up in the garage earlier today to give it a chance to dry.

I just got my son to go around it with a spray bottle wetting down all the stitching inside and out:big_smile:.

Needless to say he's quite over it.

Latest posts

Back