D22 Navara Service Manual download - 97' to 08'

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surely the money nissan would make from the home mechanic with the 'free' manual buying parts and what not to service, repair or replace on their car over the years would out weigh the cost of the manual itself....?

personally i feel if i own a product id like all the info for it to come with the product.

Take it from Nissan's side, the more people they give these away to the less people come in for factory servicing, sure not everyone who got a free manual would choose factory servicing but it's still going to stop some people.

Technical manuals are usually different to the manuals supplied with goods brought, you don't get a full service manual with every fridge you buy you get a manual good enough to show you how to use it, specs and maybe some trouble shooting. If you want wiring schematics and exploded diagrams to dismantle it you need to pay extra or hunt one down from somewhere, so why should car manufacturers be any different?

As has been spoken about several times already for $10 you can have your own copy of these manuals brought off fleabay and delivered to your door. So what if Nissan aren't the ones giving it to you, for that price it doesn't make any difference it's still a bargain if you want one.

Take it from Nissan's side, the more people they give these away to the less people come in for factory servicing, sure not everyone who got a free manual would choose factory servicing but it's still going to stop some people............

i disagree.

firstly very few people do factory servicing once they are out of warranty. those who do, generally can't understand a service manual anyway.
fortunately over here its not compulsory to get factory servicing to keep the warranty so half of the under warranty service is not done by nissan anyway.

most basic things on the vehicles can be done without need of a manual anyway. probably the main thing is being able to read the codes and understand what they mean. a phone call to nissan will get you that info anyway.
the big thing for us is being able to do mods. much easier if you can see the diagrams and under stand how it all works.

i think that it would actually benefit the manufactures if they release the manuals. for some products i buy the manufacture does supply manuals free on their web site. it certain has never hurt their business. because manuals are available, tons of aftermarket parts and upgrade bling is available means there is never any shortage of people wanting that brand.
its called customer service, keep the customer happy means repeat sales.
also by encouraging the mods and the tweaking by fans you turn a basic product into a cult following which in turn keeps the sales going. its all builds a brand.

Still doesn't change the fact that for $10 you can buy a copy off ebay, have it delivered to your door and be done with it.

It's not like this is a new thing or like Nissan invented it just to annoy people who buy their cars it's been going on for years thats why the likes of Gregory's have been making workshop manuals for just about every make and model of car.

For all us experts know it could well be mixed in legal requirements that they charge what they do, or maybe even a requirement by their legal people on the grounds that there is a hell of a lot of trademarked items on their cars and they don't want everyone knowing how they work, at very least the entire manual belongs to them under IP law and they would be paying someone a huge amount to keep it up to date so making end users pay for it is how they recoup costs.

Of course if they ever did start including it in the purchase of a new car the price of each car would go up by more than the prices quoted here to cover it and that means there will be thousands of people out there paying for a book they'll never use. Half the people don't even read the manual they get with the car so they don't need the full technical manual just because there is people out there who do benefit from it.

There is still two sides to every argument and for $10 those who want Nissan to supply them a dvd can log on to ebay and be satisfied, those who don't want it or never need it have spent/wasted nothing when it's not sitting on the seat come purchase day.

one small point.....

the $$$ from the ebay ones don't go to nissan. someones got a copy from somewhere and whips off a heap of copies for $1 and sells them for $10. nice little money earner.
they certainly won't be legit.

or download it off the net for whatever than bandwidth costs then burn it to disk yourself.

one way is just quicker and cheaper.

No one suggested the $10 was going to Nissan the point was it can be done for $10 because Nissan wont ever give it to you for nothing no matter how much you think you deserve it.

Not everyone wants it and not everyone will get it no matter what the price is and Nissan (or any other manufacturer) giving them away will only ever satisfy a small number of the people.

Yet another side to this is that giving it away for free means that every mechanic and repair shop can easily get a copy of the manual and start doing more and more work. These business are then using free knowledge to earn dollars that otherwise may have gone to Nissan I can see why Nissan would want to keep that to a minimum, why give away knowledge for free so other people can earn money that could be yours?

They might well have kicked themselves in the arse a bit by charging as much as they do for them because even mechanics these days are savvy enough to hunt the net for $10 copies before they pay the high prices from dealers but that doesn't mean they should just give them away like a free gift because you brought something from them.

just to clarify:

I was referring to a nissan manual from nissan at full cost and the fact that if available for download for free it would encourage more bottom line dollars in nissans pocket compared to the sale of the manuals themselves.
I dont expect it to be delivered with the vehicle but i expect to be able to have the info available to me if i own the product...Im not asking for design secrets just what order bolts come out or which way this bracket goes or if i drill here will i damage any looms....etc

tweak'e pretty much summed it up tho...

Last edited:
Is the link still working ?

If not can someone give me the details to upload it somewhere.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back