coolin the diesel with a cooler and or using pre pump before injection pump NEED HELP

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok that's the position i have to play with, here's the first "bolt up"...

Attachments

• 20180703_170852.jpg
    20180703_170852.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 49
Rear mount/ view...

Attachments

• 20180703_170227.jpg
    20180703_170227.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
So there ya go.. I'll plumb it in when i drop the tank for a looksee and clean pre pump fit... I'll post some more when i finish it off..

that fuel pump looks tiny.
does it flow enough?
does it have a bypass valve fitted? (typically a one way valve in parallel with the pump).

that fuel pump looks tiny.
does it flow enough?
does it have a bypass valve fitted? (typically a one way valve in parallel with the pump).

It was sold to me by the bloke at the diesel place that did the injectors and timing chain kit, told me it was good for 5psi and that was all she needed... funny you brought it up though, I was considering replacing it when i do the i.pump .. I will now lol
Every thing there has to be re blumbed etc just holding off untill i drop the tank, what pump do you suggest- size, etc? I've heard carters mentioned..

No bypass! Got any pics?

something like carters or holley.
theres a few on here that have done it plus many on the patrol forum.
most of the guys would be running at least two of those small pumps.

most important thing is the bypass one way valve so when the pump can't keep up, the injector pump isn't restricted.

edit: so no pics. its basically just a one way valve T'ed in parallel with the pump.

Last edited:

most important thing is the bypass one way valve so when the pump can't keep up, the injector pump isn't restricted.

edit: so no pics. its basically just a one way valve T'ed in parallel with the pump.

Carters/ holley are they adjustable? I think the carters maybe..

Shite- right'o! Well then, this "break down" has found a few hidden issues with the nav.. two pumps ya say lol and i drove this to Mt Isa and beyond, mannnnn immmm sooooo lucky !

I'll definitely go a new pick up pump now and get wide bay in gympie to knock up a few more weird arsed y pieces for a by-pass... Anyone want some y pieces made up at the same time? They did the spill return line ones for me also, if anyone wants one- it's a hell of a lot easier way to do the mod. I was getting a spare spill line one for the tool box... yell out if ya need one...

Looking for a Injection pump now tweak'e- any reports on DCA ?
Got a price on the gear cover/oil pump! Dandenong Nissan in Victoria $660- .. was looking at ones from Amayama and alike, from $300 now $470, but it's the "unknown" that puts me on the back foot- expecially with this sort of part !
I'll ring a few other nissan stealers and see what prices i get but Dandy Nissan have always had the best prices...
I'll keep ya posted on the new fuel pump and fit... cheers man

On that pump, looking for other pumps last night and discovered that it is a Carter! Baby carter lol still good enough for the job but as they say " better to have a bigger motor doing smaller work that a smaller motor working its arse off"...
Good find man, thanks!

On that pump, looking for other pumps last night and discovered that it is a Carter! Baby carter lol still good enough for the job but as they say " better to have a bigger motor doing smaller work that a smaller motor working its arse off"...
Good find man, thanks!
did you find what flow rate it is ?

i run a carotor carter pump on my toyota but it needs a lot less fuel flow than what the nissan does. toyota is only 8mm fuel line compared to nissan 10mm.
but your pump looks like a solnoid type which i think flows even less.

holley has adjustable fuel reg, carter doesn't.
i had a carter on the toyota but it failed. not sure why i could not find why. might have been to big for the smaller flow and not allowing the pump to rev.
the holley is known to be noisy.

Diesel Centre Australia

http://www.dieselcenter.com.au/diesel-fuel-injection-pumps/#/category/254

For the oil pump, they dont do rotors for them ! Sooo was thinking doing the oil pump whilst doing the injector pump..
Plus i thought it might make doing the alignment easier?? Ever done one?

What happened to the good old days of being able to swap a pump out without going " internal " eh ???

unless its got oil pressure problems i would not bother.
pulling apart all the timing gears is a bit of a nightmare.

don't forget to lock the sizzor gear before you take the pump out.

unless its got oil pressure problems i would not bother.
pulling apart all the timing gears is a bit of a nightmare.

don't forget to lock the sizzor gear before you take the pump out.

Thanks man , will do .. I'm up with that part of the procedure... the oil /gear cover not so much..
Not sure if I'll go there yet, not in a place to be doing that sort of work.. if i had a shed I'd do the balance shaft bushes - do you know if you can get the crank out with the box still attached to the block.. maybe a set of rings lol
With the oil pressure, at times it was sitting a little low ...

Thanks man , will do .. I'm up with that part of the procedure... the oil /gear cover not so much..
Not sure if I'll go there yet, not in a place to be doing that sort of work.. if i had a shed I'd do the balance shaft bushes - do you know if you can get the crank out with the box still attached to the block.. maybe a set of rings lol
With the oil pressure, at times it was sitting a little low ...
would have to take the engine out. even to get to the bushes.

would have to take the engine out. even to get to the bushes.

Hmmm thought so, really dont feel like seperating gear boxes! So no rings :( .
I did have visions of taking the air con radiator out to make things easier with the gear cover and alignments .. i ordered the oil pump but i might not go there yet.. it's one part i need if i rebuild this or another motor down the track... danm i hate doing things in halves but i might just settle on just doing the pump.. You dont think you could get at the bearings with motor in?

Tweak'e, i have searched pick up pumps here but get nothing? What should i be looking under ?

did you find what flow rate it is ?

i run a carotor carter pump on my toyota but it needs a lot less fuel flow than what the nissan does. toyota is only 8mm fuel line compared to nissan 10mm.
but your pump looks like a solnoid type which i think flows even less.

holley has adjustable fuel reg, carter doesn't.
i had a carter on the toyota but it failed. not sure why i could not find why. might have been to big for the smaller flow and not allowing the pump to rev.
the holley is known to be noisy.

Regarding the flow rate , no i did not- but I'd assume it would be nothing above 50, 60 gph .

Patrol4x4 post suggest 100gph ? Some fit the carter P4600 @ 8psi 100gph and now i have read the carter P4601 black @ 18psi 100gph ?
I have found a place to take care of the Injector pump so I'll see what he has to say about the pressure feed his pumps takes?
Whats your thoughts on these pressures?

you do not need much pressure. keep it under 15psi.
what you need is flow, so 8psi 100gph is ok. keep in mind that the flow rate is for petrol, they flow far less pumping diesel.

Latest posts

Back