MAT713's 2012 D22 ST-R

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lovin your D22! how's the ride with just the front wound up? :cheers!:
Before I had done the body lift, it rode terrible! But once the body was raised I lowered the front bars a touch so it had some down travel again and its sweet.

Mind you, I've clocked 10,000kms and my front shocks are cactus already - I knew they weren't going to last long. Our GU only made 5,000kms before they packed in.

But I've got the arms now, so next week it goes in for bilsteins and new bars and shocks, cant wait

Hey mate, very nice 22. Was scrubbing on the front bumper your only issue with the 33's on it? Im looking to get black sunraysia's or a similar rim with as big a tyre as I can fit. I have an xrox bar, but was wondering if there was any scrubbing on full lock with the 33's on? Cheers

Hey mate, very nice 22. Was scrubbing on the front bumper your only issue with the 33's on it? Im looking to get black sunraysia's or a similar rim with as big a tyre as I can fit. I have an xrox bar, but was wondering if there was any scrubbing on full lock with the 33's on? Cheers

Cheers bud for the comments mate. I've only got 32's on my rig 265/75/16. Before the body lift. Light scrubbing on the front bumper and would just touch the mud guards while flexed and turning. I really doubt you would ever have the same problems with an xrox bar.

So this was a good week for my D22!

My calmini UCA's and idle arm brace arrived from the states.

So yesterday it went into City Suspension for it's 2.5' lift.

I had the following installed,
EFS comfort torsion bars
EFS comfort leaf springs 2.5'
Bilstein 5100 long travel shocks
Superpro polyurethane bushes
Greasable shackles & pins

We had a little trouble getting the adjustment we wanted out of the Calmini UCA'S. It seems to be a pretty standard problem with them. Saying that. It was an infinite improvement over my last alignment done else where and in the end we got it pretty much spot on.

Results?

Amazing! It's like s new truck! The shocks have made SUCH a difference. The slightly stiffer torsion bars has helped on road performance like no end. Steering feels a lot more direct with zero free play or slop.

My only regret is not putting this set up in sooner!

Had a play through the Coomera tracks last week, snapped a couple shots of the flex with standard suspension & 50mm body lift.

mZItYsD.jpg

we6DjO5.jpg

M3KBR8n.jpg

How many guys disconnect their front sway bar? I've seen the jeeps have an auto disconnect system and wondering if anyone has tried something similar or if universal kits are available?

The Nav got a good detail last week, photos are still with standard suspension, just 50mm body lift and raised front torsion bars so it sat level with the rear.

PIq5jML.jpg

lyXReSL.jpg

If anyone is looking at new rims and cant decide on sizing, these are 16 x 8 +0 offset and sit pretty flush and relatively legal still.

Man I love your nav! What was involved when they changed your tonneau from the bungey style to the newer one? I currently have the bungey one and find it a bit ugly haha. Also were all of the stickers easy to take off?

Cheers

Man I love your nav! What was involved when they changed your tonneau from the bungey style to the newer one? I currently have the bungey one and find it a bit ugly haha. Also were all of the stickers easy to take off?

Cheers
Cheers mate, mine was a mistake made by the dealership, so when I took it in for its 1000km check up they swapped over a brand new tub from another silver D22 on the lot. Otherwise you'd have a lot of holes to fill in and respray etc

The stickers were easy just a little time consuming because I didn't want to use anything to harsh and ruin the paint. So finger nails and polishing it was!

Ah ok cheers for that. Might get onto it.

How's it looking/driving now with the suspension lift? Must be riding nice and high now! I'm looking into body lifting mine at the moment.

It's like driving a new truck, its unbelievable how much better the ride is. Its a nice feeling too when all your homework pays off.

Unfortunately the guy set the torsion bars way to low and its nose diving. I think he tried make the 'tyre to wheel arch' gap the same front & rear. But D22's have a higher guard on the front then rear. I've ordered an XROX bar and picking up a winch this week, so I'll use the time in-between to let the torsion bars and rear leaf springs settle. Then once I've added the extra weight on the nose I'll take it back, raise the nose so it's level and redo the wheel alignment.

Just ordered myself a new winch, should be here just before the XROX bar arrives!

It's only an eBay generic item, but I just couldn't justify spending $1000+ for almost an identical quality item like the Tigerzz, Ironman, TJM, ARB equivalents - Let alone the budget of $2000+ for a Warn winch.

12,000lbs, 6.0hp motor, dyneema synthetic rope, 1 x plug in remote + 2 x wireless remotes all for under $400 delivered to my door! Can't really complain about that.

yeah link works thanks mate wonder what the reviews for this is like.
I've got 2 mates that have used the same winch on their everyday cars for about 2 years and one on his comp GQ for 12 months, no problems so far, touch wood!

Latest posts

Back