Secondhand Navara 2009

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwilko

Reaction score
Sorry to bust in like this but I only have about 2 days.....
I'm looking at a 2009 Navara 4wd 4dr 2.5 turbo - I doubt if I will get any CS as it is a small roadside dealer.
What are the risks when buying this model in Thailand?

I heard stories about big ends etc. - I think my fears were generated by the D22 stories of big-end failures.

The vehicle in general drives well and I can't make smoke of any color come out the back.

I can also hear a whirring like a belt of some kind on tick over on this particular vehicle.

I also want to raise the suspension all orotund by about 8 centimeters - will that present any problems?

I'm going to nip up the road in a bit and ask about raising it at one of the local 4x4 shops.

My choice is a bit limited as I want a manual transmission - most in Thailand are automatics - so about 2 second-hand around 2009 or pay about B200,000 more and get a brand new one.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
The big ends were a UK thing mainly and Europe in the D22's. Non CRD motor. CRD motors had a redesigned oil pump fitted, pick up and different bearings were used.

Clutch's can be a problem as they run DMF and there weak as piss.

Yes - I seem to be getting the bit about the D22 now
How about the clutch?
Is there a stronger spurious replacement?
what is weak? THe plate or the whole assembly?

how about raising 8 cm?

Aftermarket normal clutch's are stronger.

Search Google for Dual Mass Flywheel.

Will give a run down on how they work compared to a normal clutch.

The lift, depends on the laws in your country.

Can easily be done.

Yes I see what you mean - seems a rather unnecessary and fiddly piece of equipment t really - I expect a replacement is quite expensive too?

For a Dual Mass yes.

To convert them to a normal clutch, you need a new flywheel and clutch.

However mate, the competition are all the same.

Everything uses Dual Mass Flywheels these days. Except the D22.

OK - I see - I've been running a Strada for years and am now beginning to realise what an incredibly cheap and reliable vehicle it has been compared to the new generation of pickups.
however it is getting a bit long in the tooth and will have to go soon so i'm looking at 2 to 3 year old Vigos, Navaras and Everests. Partly because of price and looks I like the Navara most.

I only just realised what a Strada is. A Triton out here.

Mate search the site and see what you think.

D22 is no longer available in Thailand.
THe P200 is the Strada - the old shape - the Triton is the name given to the current model in Thailand

Latest posts

Back