Calmini SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question....
Does anyone know what type of diff is out of a 1996 Auto Jeep Cherokee XJ???
Fingers crossed its a DANA44...

Pretty sure it's a 30 or maybe even the 35. Pretty sure they didn't run 44s in the xj mate.

Personally I would forget the d44 they are too rare and not strong enough. Custom housing using standard parts is the way to go.

Have u ever had a Dana 44 ? They are a very strong diff ! That's what most of the tj wranglers run. Mine was indestructible.

ahhh thanks joshy.
Wonder what the cost and trouble are of flipping a patrol diff.

Ive had another look around for DANA 44 diffs. The 2007-present JK wranglers have DANA 44 front diffs.

I think it's only the rubicon model that runs front and rear 44 mate. They do come standard with e lockers front and rear. You can always look up ausjeepoffroad forum for all your jeep questions.

Have u ever had a Dana 44 ? They are a very strong diff ! That's what most of the tj wranglers run. Mine was indestructible.

Might be stronger then an r180 but there's a reason even jeep guys put patrol diffs in. There not the strongest but there the best factory diff readily available with no mods here..

Alright. So the dana 50 and 60 are both left hand drops I'm pretty sure (from the ford f trucks) and also a lot of the jeep front diffs have a left hand drop too such as the jk, tj and a couple of others. And there will also be a lot of jeep ratios I can play around with to get the front and rear matched up before I coil the rear as well. Things are looking good for this swap. I won't be using the calmini kit, ill get it all custom made. It will be more expensive, but it's going to be stronger and a lot safer then a kit from the us.

I would also be selling my 3 inch calmini set up in the future too so I should be able to save a little bit of money at least.

Latest posts

Back