Calmini SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably put the rear diff in as it is. Front I was thinking of cutting the side tubes off and repositioning the centre so it looks standard, or do the diff flip. But if I'm able to use the diffs with the patrol transfer case I may even go that way

Sweet. would you get the calmini kit or go through someone else?

Na I'll do it all myself. My dad is a boilermaker so between the 2 of us it shouldn't be to hard

Sounds like youve landed in a good place then. If it all works out for you and you get it done soon, i would pay to get him to make up one for me if he has time and it works out cheaper then the calmini bunch!

How long away are you from starting the project?

Sounds like youve landed in a good place then. If it all works out for you and you get it done soon, i would pay to get him to make up one for me if he has time and it works out cheaper then the calmini bunch!

How long away are you from starting the project?

Probably another year or more. i have to build a house first so I can get into a bigger shed, but once the shed is up i'm going to start collecting parts

i used a patrol diff and put in a tranfer case from a patrol also that changed the out put for the diff and gave me a better tranfer case better still all may bits are nissan and all standard parts used

Thats the guy, I have been looking for your New Members thread for ages.

Anyways, if it was me.

Id go a GQ front diff, rear half of a RD28 gearbox onto the front half of a stock ZD30 D22 gearbox. Bolt on RD28T/ETI or RB30S transfer and all you have to do is sort out the steering and diff mounts.

The transfer feeds the front diff on the correct side.

:cheers!:
Thats the guy, I have been looking for your New Members thread for ages.

Anyways, if it was me.

Id go a GQ front diff, rear half of a RD28 gearbox onto the front half of a stock ZD30 D22 gearbox. Bolt on RD28T/ETI or RB30S transfer and all you have to do is sort out the steering and diff mounts.

The transfer feeds the front diff on the correct side.

Dave your a dead set legend, thats the info I have been looking for, I was hoping to not put any Jeep parts in my ute and keep it all Nissan. Now I can :cheers!:

They run the same gearbox. The cases are just different.

Mark aka Mud4B has done it, to his D22. His is on a GQ Chassis, still running the D22 spec ZD30 but the D22 front half of the gearbox and the RD28 rear half.

Saves !@#$%^& around with modifying the floor like Josh had to.

Oh and the same could be done for YD25's, VG30E's, VG33E's, QD32's and TD27's if you swap a QD32 gearbox onto it.

Keep us updated mate.

Gotta run, more shit to do.

I dont always log in, but see whats going on, on the mobile.

more info

the ute still has the standard diff in the rear it runs 4.3 ,but the old 3.2 are 4.6 and i now have one getting ready to go in ,send me you phone number in the private messsges and i will send you photos that you want and give you the phone number of mark how did the sas(also where are you my ute gets around would be happy for to have a look not many people can pick it only been stopped once in the street in four years and one highway go over it and only pick up that my rims were not standard)

Last edited:
look into your rear ratios before taking the plunge,this is where others have come into difficulty.
Good luck, will make you the coolest kid on this forum for a short while.
Im jealous.

Update is that it will cost too much for what it's worth.

Just going with their 3 inch lift for the Time being an ill upgrade to a patrol ute mid way through next year.

DomHogan have a look into my thread if you haven't gone any furthur with your suspension. I've been taking measurements and all you'll need is a GQ rolling chassis and a 2.8L GQ transfer case

Quick question....
Does anyone know what type of diff is out of a 1996 Auto Jeep Cherokee XJ???
Fingers crossed its a DANA44...

Just added up the sums for the whole calmini kit including

- Calmini kit $1875
- front cv shaft $450
- sway bar system $425
- fox adjustable coil-overs (2.0" x 10" Travel Reservoir) $300each
- 12" x 300 lbs./in. Coil (i don't know what this is) but $75 each
- Plus whatever shipping costs there are

So thats $3,500 US or about $3,375 AUD

Now all i need to do is find a DANA44 diff.

Latest posts

Back