2009 D22 Diesel Particulate Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StinkRotten

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2009 D22 Navara which I bought from new and have absolutely loved owning it, it has always been serviced every 10K and has never given me any problems. I have always noticed how much particulate comes out of the exhaust pipe and looking at other D22's seems to be a common issue with them. I understand that only the D40 was fitted with a particulate filter so I was wondering if there is anything available or any other suggestions that may help to sort this issue out.

They are just what they are.
Anything you do to stop the smoke and soot is just going to choke the engine even more and rob it of whatever power it has left.
The only thing you can do is fit a blanking plate to the EGR, that will help reduce the smoke to some degree.
Just enjoy the car for what it is because it will be the last diesel you will own without a DPF.

As mentioned above. I also have a 3 inch straight through exhaust too and have pretty much no smoke out of mine at all. The only other thing I have done is fit a manual boost controller, not to increase boost, but to eliminate any wastegate creep when the turbo is spooling before it gets to the wastegate set pressure.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for your input I will definitely carry on enjoying my D22 smoke or no smoke, as I have done since I bought it. I have done some further research and found some useful info on the Chip Tuning site https://chiptuning.com.au/provent-style-oil-separators/ regarding getting the inlet manifold de-carboned and fitting a Provent catch can so might start by doing that and see how it goes. Once again cheers everyone for your input.

Hi I have a 2009 D22 Navara which I bought from new and have absolutely loved owning it, it has always been serviced every 10K and has never given me any problems. I have always noticed how much particulate comes out of the exhaust pipe and looking at other D22's seems to be a common issue with them. I understand that only the D40 was fitted with a particulate filter so I was wondering if there is anything available or any other suggestions that may help to sort this issue out.

just for the record, series 1 auto's and series 1 and 2 manuals had no DPF in the D40's!

Block off the egr so your engine isnt breathing its own soot back in, and fit a catch can so it isnt breathing its own oil back in. Wont stop it making soot (which is just what diesels do) but will keep your intake and oil clean and your beloved machine will be healthier and live longer.

Latest posts

Back