04SilverSTR's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finaly got around to getting a catch can, bought a forefront / provent one and spent the weekend toiling in the shed making a completely over engineered never to break mount for it and the fuel filter.

Last edited:
Forefront catch can

I used a 19mm joiner here with a cut down one side to clamp onto the 15 or 16mm rocker cover out let.

i slipped the 19mm hose inside the 25mm and used clue lined heat shrink to to hold it all together.

Cheers Bryan

Last edited:
some more mods, Finally fitted some rear door speakers pics as follows.

undo these 2 bolts and get longer bolts (M6 think) and add spacers to give more depth for the speaker.

space out the window runner

use this plug, and join the speaker wires from the head unit to the brown plug in the B pillar

use this plug, and join the speaker wires from the head unit to the brown plug in the B pillar

to be continued....

Last edited:
I used 16mm mdf spacers you need the 165mm to for the dia to screw to the door

speaker in and off set on purpose

looks factory, the pioneers speaker did push the door panel out a little due the the tweeters, splits or something shallower would work fine.

Cheers Bryan

Last edited:
Did another little mod last weekend, one that has kinda been bugging me for a while as the air comp is one thing that always gets buried when packing.

Yes there is a hose clamp under the tape, need to put some more rubber of sorts under it though.

Hard wired it in with a switch and air outlet bolted to the seat mount.

Cheers
Bryan

Last edited:
Hi All,

not much has changed with the old girl lately, fitted a east coast performace retuned ecu about this time last year, since then have been averaging 10.5 LPH every tank unless im towing, thats with all the mods and weight, 2.52t every day. other than that its at around 235000 and still going strong!!

Cheers
Bryan

i like the way you mounted the compressors switch and hose nozzle, easy to get to plug and play. i might do that with mine.

cheers mate, I just got the $hits with it being in the tub and having to move it every time i wanted something from the storage compartment. and it easier to use in general.

Cheers
Bryan

G'day Bryan, great write up mate! Heaps of little tips and good ideas, love the simple wire shelf in the canopy and the use of checker plate, looks great!
Bear

Shouted the old girl some new bits, new bilstiens in the front and some second hand ones from VCrusty on here in the rear.
Also got the upper control arm bushes replaced from the nolathan ones i put on last year that i was never happy with.

So far so good, shocks feel great.

Cheers
Bryan
5d54478b542770ed9b9217aa4fdf8674.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shouted the old girl some new bits, new bilstiens in the front and some second hand ones from VCrusty on here in the rear.
Also got the upper control arm bushes replaced from the nolathan ones i put on last year that i was never happy with.

Cheers
Bryan

What shocks did u have before, how do the bilsteins compare?
Always wondered if they were worth the extra.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

EFS Ben, they work ok for the money and were in the car for 4 years, but in the last 4 months or so went hard and lost there rebound. With the bilstiens in it feels more shore footed but rides smooth, this weekend with be the test, going camping towing the camper.

cheers
bryan

EFS Ben, they work ok for the money and were in the car for 4 years, but in the last 4 months or so went hard and lost there rebound. With the bilstiens in it feels more shore footed but rides smooth, this weekend with be the test, going camping towing the camper.

cheers
bryan
Awesome, keep us updated on how they go.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Hi guys, Been a while, but not really has been happening with the old girl until recently.
A few weeks ago I fitted a 120w solar panel to the rhino racks wired into the redarc BCDC with a change over relay. So far so good have had the engel running for 2 weeks with no dramas.

Cheers
Bryan
a5c825d7d15c5c3eb2d334b52b6aa24a.jpg
0079d174ca2b545cd1245769d2950c3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dont really have many pics but this is the BCDC I fitted last year some time, picked it up off a facebook buy swap sell page for a bargain price of $150. It is mounted behind the left head light.
32034863ed7058ca2bd840e2c4e21903.jpg

Treated the slug with some new boots on the weekend, the old ones still had some life in them but it was time for them to go on the camper trailer. These were up to 62000kms which o am pretty happy with, and reckon if I left them on the car would have done another 15000. Tyres are Hancook dynapro MT.

Cheers
Bryan
ad892fb3e5d40264092fe65543a6b2f6.jpg
a075e9cc35568480508213bdcd8126c8.jpg
eb5852b761a5d29806dd6d199639bc12.jpg
98d8ce910c35854c208a358241bba2e7.jpg

Cheers
Bryan

Bilsteins are still going strong. Have had new upper control arm bushes put in again since having them fitted as the nolathane one I put I were stuffed.

Latest posts

Back