D40 Fuel Gauge Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swcampbell

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am only new here so forgive my ignorance if this is simple, but i just purchased a used 2005 navara d40, it has been fitted with an increased tank at 150-160 litres.

I can drive around for nearly 700kms before the fuel starts depleting on my gauge, wondering if there is anything that can be fitted or done to the existing gauge to make it a little more accurate, because one the gauge starts going down its nearly a race to a petrol station before it hits empty.

Not a huge issue but would be nice to fix.

Mine is the same after fitting a bigger tank but it is about half full when the needle starts to move. dont know of any easy fix but to go off klm travled as an average...

If your using 150-160 litres to do 700ks, that's over 20 LPH.

I would be very concerned about that sort of consumption.

I have a 120l which was in it when i bought it and the fuel gauge only ever goes up to 3/4 then starts decreasing evenly after about 150-200 kms. Same every time so doesn't bother me.

hey joe, its 700 until the needle starts moving, i get around 12-13lph depending on how late i am for work each morning.

Welcome to the forum.

Mine does a similar thing. My auxiliary tank (sits behind the factory tank, visible under the left guard just inside of the suspension) is 70L, giving me a total of 150L. My needle doesn't start moving until I'm using the fuel from the main tank - and back before the aux was fitted, I wouldn't see the needle start to move for at least 50km.

On my main tank alone I usually get 600-700km depending on how I'm driving or if I'm towing it's more like 450-550km - more than enough to plan for a fuel stop (except perhaps between Erldunda and Marla).

How much fuel is in the tank when the needle starts to move down from full?

Latest posts

Back