07 STX 4WD verses 12 ST 2WD

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matmce

Reaction score
Hi All, A freind of mine want to buy a new Nav and wants some info.
My question is this, is the 2.5 engine out of an 07 STX 4WD the same as the new 2012 ST 2WD dual cabs. He was wondering as he is concerned about fuel econemy. I do know that the 07 has 126kw and the 2012 has 120kw and not the 146kw in the 4WD models.
Any info would be appreciated.

PS. i tried to talk him into a real D40 but he doesn't want to leave the nice roads. Price is dictating his choices.
Thanks

The sales brocher says its the 120kw engine. What we want to know what the difference is between the 2007 STX engine (2.5tl 126kw)( the same as i have in my Nav) and the new 2012 ST 2WD engine (2.5lt 120kw) and how they have improved the fuel figures.
We know obvious diff between 2WD and 4WD,
Sorry if the 1st post wasnt clear.

In the 4WD D40, the front diff is constantly rotated. There are no lockable hubs on the front axle - the connection between the wheels and the diff (and the front drive shaft) is permanent. The only disconnection is in the transfer case itself. Pushing this extra resistance around will add to the fuel consumption.

Thing is, everyone drives differently and gets different economy figures. I've managed to get 10.6LPHK in mine - weighing 2700Kg with 4 people & gear on board. The factory vehicle of 1980Kg is supposed to get 10.5LPHK! Other people struggle to get below 12LPHK regardless of how slow or smoothly they drive.

Just wait until Krafty gets into this thread. He'll have a few things to say about how much difference can be made just by changing the way you drive - and he's absolutely spot on the money.

As for the power difference - you'd probably find the 2WD will accelerate better, being a lighter vehicle and not having to push the front diff over. That may help the economy figures even more.

Just wait until Krafty gets into this thread. He'll have a few things to say about how much difference can be made just by changing the way you drive - and he's absolutely spot on the money.

Wasn't really going to get into it given others had pretty much answered the questions but you're dead right. Took me three days of traveling out to the farm this week (about 110ish k's round trip) with about 1.8T in the 7x5 box trailer but I finally got that trip with the trailer down into the high 9's by watching the way I drive.

Didn't do anything stupid like drive at 60kph or only drive downhill (damn impossible in the mountain goat country we buy farms in) etc I simply just watched the scangauge, listened to what the car was telling me and constantly altered my driving. Now that I have done it I wont be so anal about getting low figures on that trip again it was more just to prove to myself that I could do it.

Lets try asking the the question in a different way.
Whats the difference between the 126kw and 120 kw 2.5lt engines? Lets forget the fuel economy side of things.

Aparently the only diff between the 4x4 and the 4x2 engines is the state of rune and pump pressure. They are both YD25 k3 series engines. - This came from a tech at Nissan Aust.

Latest posts

Back