!! Help !!??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawrence94

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I own a 2007 model d40 .
1000k's ago I replaced the clutch with a single mass and then the timing chain dececied to have its turn.
I have been doing some searching around and cannot find anywhere to tell me if the Nissan pathfinder R51 Yd25 or the D22 yd25 engeine will drop straight in to my D40?
also will a 2010 onwards yd25 engeine fit straight in or have they all got their differnces?

Cheer's Mark.

A Pathfinder YD25 will fit inas they are identical but a D22 and the post 2010 D40 450 are a slightly different motor so although they will fit in mount wise they will not match up to the wiring or other accessories like exhaust, intake and sensors.

also one series (automatics from 2008 onwards I think) had a DPF so be careful of that.

Welcome to the forum!

If the engine is ok apart from the timing chain, get a double row timing chain from yd25.com.au? Or has the timing chain let go while the engine was running?

Yeah mate I was doing 100kms with cruise control on then she jolted revved its head off and that was it , got the local nechenic to have a look and he said bent valves maybe piston damage and that it would be cheaper to buy a new motor :/

Yeah true enough. Bent valves could easily mean damaged guides which could mean new head (you could try installing new guides, but it'll never be the same). Piston damage could lead to bore, conrod, big end damage especially at those rpm.

You could contact Niss4x4.com.au and ask if they have one out of a wreck. See yd25.com.au to get the double-row timing chain and fit that before installing the new motor.

Latest posts

Back