Cleaning induction components

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
Other than fitting a solid hot pipe, nothing has been removed or cleaned from the airbox to the engine, car now has 255k. So, i plan to clean it now, so how far back should i go, intercooler and piping either side will be done, but it also recommended to do the throttle body and inlet manifold, throttle body is easy enough, but the inlet manifold looks like a mission!

Particularly so if there was no catch can and some EGR has made it through. There are sprays you can use to slowly dissolve and combust the stuff but I would never trust that.

I've been considering using an endoscope and a thin vacuum hose passed through the EGR port. It's obviously easier to just pop the entire manifold off, then you can clean it properly and without fear of adding liquid to a cylinder that has its inlet valves open.

I've been cleaning my intercooler with ordinary petrol, and just leave it to evaporate dry for an hour after I'm done so that there's no large volumes of petrol left to get into the motor. A small amount of petrol in the combustion chamber won't kill the engine. I'd clean the rest of the pipework the same way, to remove as much of the oily film as possible.

some good points Tony, think i'll take the lot off, may as well do it properly. will fit a catch can also, now that the K's are getting up there!

Latest posts

Back