Pilot/Spigot Bushing fitment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this image of the bushing in Amayama.com, and using GIMP overposed the real rule they put aside with it, so I can conclude that mine is not that bad, as it was 16mm the inside diameter of mine too. Have in mind that it has a little lip, so the rule is well placed. So I'm not changing it. What really surprises me is that the shaft is 15mm diameter in the part that goes inside the bushing, and it has no signal of being damaged. Why so oversized??? Now I'm trying to figure out if it's worthy disasembling it to check that everything is OK inside there, despite the big play off it has. But I'm suspicious that it's just my overcaring of the truck and everything it's fine. Most surely won't open it.

1697112085690.png

I made a couple checkings to be sure about the thing I came here for in the first place.

The shaft that go through the clutch disk goes into a brass bushing that is inside the crankshaft. At first sight it did seem that it had like 1mm of play, the same for the shaft at the end, around 1mm total lenght of play. That's a lot.

So I used a micrometer to check the shaft, it was 15,65 mm. I printed a 3D part in plastic, it was a cone made out of cylinders that were the next bigger than the previous one. I found with that tool that the brass bushing was between 15,65 and 16,15 mm. The first one fitted not that tight, and the second one very tight, so I think it was closer to the second one but not exactly that. I suppose like 15,90 mm, so a total of 0,25 mm of real play. That's pretty good.

Also I found that the shaft is an independent part from the real gearbox mainshaft, so the damage would be lesser than expected if there was some bad play.

So all my doubts are gone and I just put back the gearbox yesterday. Fresh new clutch for my dear truck almost done.

Back