Seat Belt warning buzzer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k974

Reaction score
how do you disconnect the audible seat belt warning buzzer on a D40 navara, there are some wires under the driver seat is this it like a volvos?

Yeah the air bag only goes off in seat where the seat belt is plugged in, no seat belt and the air bag goes the other way and protects the engine...........

Sorry it's obviously one of those mornings. Actually you will find support on the UK forums for the argument that disconnecting the wire could effect the airbags but I don't know that anyone's actually tried it and many here think it wont.

The only effect it will have is if Nissan were clever enough to put in 2 stage air bags (they weren't, so don't worry) and unplugging the plug would make the air bag computer assume you were not wearing a seat belt and give the sir bag a full hit. BTW if it did have any effect then it would be in yellow conduit....

just don't cut the red wire... i've seen that happen in a movie... goes bang

The seat belt buckle breaks the circuit when plugged in.Unplugging the seat belt thingy in theory does exactly the same thing and makes it go open circuit.
Again all theory and noone want to put it to the test.

BTW if it did have any effect then it would be in yellow conduit....

Oh is that right, I must remember to steer clear of everything in yellow conduit. Furthermore I must remember to cover all the cables in the networks I support with yellow conduit or heat shrink so that everyone knows not to touch the bloody things. This is going to save me electrifying everything and burning peoples fingers thanks for the tip.

Easy Fix, Wear the seatbelt !

I am all about safety, but can seriously do without having to put my seatbelt on to run the boat up the boat ramp, or run the car back up off the beach when fishing etc. So it was a worthwhile mod for me. You will never ever see me out on the streets without a seatbelt however. So it does have its benefits.

There are times when the beep of the seat belt warning is a distraction. I dont wear my belt when working on the racetrack as it actually gets in the way when you have to get out in a hurry and getting caught up in it is damm painful.
On the streets its just habit to just slip it on so dont need a beeper to tell me to do it

within the first week of having my str i talked to my nissan dealer about disconnecting the seat belt alarm and they told me as long as there isnt a yellow wire it wont effect the airbag.

if you were really keen you could easily run some cables and install a switch into a spare postion on the dash to enable and disable the seat belt warning buzzer, shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Latest posts

Back