Central locking problem after battery change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roswellj

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Hoping someone can help me diagnose my central locking problem. I just had to replace my battery (one was cooked the other was fine) in my 2014 D22. Where I bought it they said they would change it for me, thought cool saves me stuffing around. The guy for some reason insisted on disconnecting both batteries to put the new one in and plugged something into the OBD port that would supposedly save my radio stations etc. Once he was done and I was on the road the radio asked for the code so I had to put that back in and reprogram it, no big deal.
When I got home I locked the car and now the central locking doesn't work. It isn't remote central locking just key central locking. The circuit obviously still works because when I start the car all the doors unlock but they won't all unlock with the key. Any ideas on how to fix it? All the fuses seem to be fine.
Other weird problem that happened at the same time was my dash lights no longer turn on when I put the headlights on. Also pretty annoying, any ideas, im assuming it's related to the battery change but don't know how or what.

Double check your fuses. Your dash lights are on the same circuit as the tail lights so if the dash isn't working chances are you have no tail lights either. I can't recall which fuse it is, but they are definitely on the same circuit.

They sound pretty dodgy to be honest, usually you have a small thing with a 9v battery that has clips on to attach to the battery terminals or can plug into the cigarette socket, but anyway...

The other door locks are controlled by the movement from inside the driver's side door. There is a switch attached to the lock barrel that senses which way the lock is turned to lock or unlock all the other doors. Seems a bit suspicious that this has suddenly stopped working at the same time as the battery change, but I'm not sure if it runs fuses or what. I'll have to have a bit of a look at mine and see if I can see anything obvious...

Thanks for replying.
I've checked and there's definitely no fuse gone and I still do have tail lights. Also I just noticed that my clock keeps resetting to 1:00 everytime I turn the car off which I'm sure is related. I honestly don't know how you can possibly stuff up changing a battery yet here I am.

Ok well in that case, double check all the battery terminals and make sure they are clean and tight. Definitely something weird going on there, but has to be something simple. The battery on the drivers side, if it has the factory positive terminal on it, should have a couple of extra connections, check these too in case something has been removed for some strange reason...

Latest posts

Back