Green Box Puzzel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway man

Reaction score
Good Afternoon people,
Today I thought I would hose my D21 out for a bit of a Huk out as Wife was out shopping, so "Muttley" and I, were ruling the roost for this day, so, out with the seat and mats and much canvas under all the mats as well, which had Nissan all
over it!

Under the seat on the Canvas and screwed to a tight fit there was a little green Tin Box, Diamensions being:
lengh: 95 mm.
width: 85 mm.
thickness: 30mm.
Green in Colour: with two or three plugs into the bottom from a thin Harness!

On the Top it said:QGS -11
DC 12 volt
Custom Number: 11067 C8602
Model: M61NE
Lot No: 753
NGK Spark Plug Co Japan

On the bottom of my Surprise, is this:

Custom No:11069266G01
Model: M61NE- Bo2

In your opinion, was this a Petrol D21, and had an engine change to Diesel, or
just a lucky dip gone wrong LoL,

Should I leave this where it is or can I cut the harness and through it out, Hmm,
on thinking about this, could it be an Ejection Seat unit too be used when the wife wants me to stop in heavy Traffic ,-}, otherwise, who swiped my bloody Spark Plugs!

regards,

highway man!:deadhorse:

Glow Plugs

Good Evening Blackadder,
Thanks a million for that, I do forget to use Search engines, mainly Google, but I guess they do have some uses!
best regards!

highway man!:deadhorse:

It's the glow plug control unit (timer). From memory the inputs are from the ignition, engine temp sensor and possibly the tachometer or maybe the alternator output, something to say the engine is running. Outputs are to the glow plug relay and the indicator light. I've always thought of under the seat as an odd spot to put it. Having said that, in the WD21 the trans computer is in the rear quarter behind the wheel arch - a decision made back when copper was cheap.

Black outlaw,
my apologies In answer to your answering post to the "Green Box question" i referred to you as Black adder instead of Black outlaw, but this Morning I am again Sober, and have found my Error!
Once more, "Sorry", but then, He was Famous wasn't he?

Highway Man!

Latest posts

Back