09 D22 dual battery setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put 2 optima D34 yellow top batteries into the front of my Nav, replacing the originals. The only issue was that you can't get opposite post for positive and negative on the passenger side. This made the negative battery terminal too far away from the negative battery clamp. It was an easy fix by undoing the earth cable on the passenger side and moving it forward. There was a spare threaded hole in the side of the engine bay that the screw for the earth cable will fit into.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 162
The beauty of that is you can rotate them every six months or so to get a bit more even life out of them.

Attachments

• image-3721544863.jpg
    image-3721544863.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
The beauty of that is you can rotate them every six months or so to get a bit more even life out of them.

I think you linked the wrong picture.... unless you want to get more even life out of a set of commodore exhaust tips lmao

S#!t, I couldn't find the picture I was looking for and clicked on that one to see what it was and it must of attached. I was going to attempt this idea on a straight through system on the Nav. They stop the drone due to the J pipes. Thought of putting a J pipe on the straight through section on the Nav to see if works

Fair enough. I can't say mine is too bad for drone, but I don't tow very often so that may be the difference...

Hey mate how's the mod still going any electrical issues? Was going to copy your design this weekend
I've had mine split up for nearly 5 years similar to his now with no problems. If you don't want to squeeze a n70zz in there, an ns70 size fits on that battery tray perfectly and is 610cca I think (century anyway, which is what I have in mine). I only changed the main battery because I was doing long distance truck driving at the time and after sitting for a week at a time it was sounding a bit dodgy come home time... I have a redarc isolator fitted on the inside of the driver's quarter panel running to a century ns70t deep cycle on the passenger's side tray (75ah they are rated from memory) which also fits on the tray perfectly. The factory battery was in there serving as an aux for maybe 3 or 4 years, but had been run completely flat a few times from a projecta solenoid arcing out and carboning up the contacts so it wasn't getting charged. The redarc has been in for nearly 12 months now without issue. Here's a couple of pics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1450347206646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1450347206646.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 146
  • uploadfromtaptalk1450347327035.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1450347327035.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 142
  • uploadfromtaptalk1450347738378.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1450347738378.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 138
Hey mate how's the mod still going any electrical issues? Was going to copy your design this weekend

Hey bud just saw this. Battery is going strong no problems what so ever. No warning codes, no flats even with extended stereo sessions. Can't wait to fill the empty hole with another battery.

Firstly, thank you for this thread.

I have a 2014 d22 str and have isolated the dual cranking batteries that came as standard. I am now looking to replace the passenger side battery with a deep cycle battery. Does anyone have any recommendations for a deep cycle battery that would fit in the current slot: 260 (L) x 170 (W) x 200(H)... I know its not much space to work with...

I got a century ns70t deep cycle in mine. It is only 75ah though. I don't think you'd be able to squeeze an n70 sized one in there though with the top radiator hose the way it is. The other option would be to look at agm batteries, the same size as the ns70. If you look at the pictures on the previos page, they are of my setup and fits perfectly.

gidday , just wondering what you ended up doing , l have same 2014 d22 , and does that battery just go to alt and st motor ? As you know varying opinions re battery set up , swamping out 1 cranker seems best plus isolater . Last quote was 1400 ..... any help , advice much appreciated .

Latest posts

Back