Fan Speed Resistor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Hello all. Trying to locate the fan speed resistor on a 2005 D22. The fan has stopped working on speed 1. Still works on all other speeds fine so Im guessing its a faulty resistor. I searched google and found some info about it being behind the glovebox but i removed the glovebox and couldnt find anything that resembles it. Any one got any ideas? Ive attached a photo of passenger side dash minus glovebox. Any help would be great.

Cheers, Ant

Attachments

• 20130116_114800.jpg
    20130116_114800.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 1,946
Yes thats a faulty resistor mine went twice on my 2010 and replaced under wty also the bearings went in the motor.anyway i am sure it is where you are looking i am sure there is a thread here someplace.When mine went i did a search and found it quickly from memory some guy replaced with parts from jaycar it is a common problem

Min is also faulty on speed 1, but im just too lazy to fix it and just use speed 2 all the time. lol
If it is an easy fix post up here and i might think about doing mine, otherwise i wont bother.

Its just down behind the fan itself on the left of your picture. If you stick your head down there you should see a couple cables going into a clip. The screws were a bitch to get out!

Last edited:
Got around to replacing the fan speed resistor today, got to say its something thats pretty much doable by anyone, but its not something I hope I have to do again....ever! Hard to get at, pretty fiddly but take your time and you should be fine. Took a few pics along the way, hopefully it might help someone else out. They arent the best pics as its hard to get under the dash at the best of times. The part was $78 from Nissan, part number is in the first pic.

Attachments

• Fanspeed00.jpg
    Fanspeed00.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 596
First remove the glovebox by taking out all the screws circled in red. I also took out the bottom mounting bracket for the glove box just to make it a little easier to get my hands in there.

Attachments

• Fanspeed02.jpg
    Fanspeed02.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 585
  • Fanspeed03.jpg
    Fanspeed03.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 577
  • Fanspeed04.jpg
    Fanspeed04.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 873
Next I removed the blower fan by removing the screws located where the red circles are. Also the electrical plug on the left side of the blower and the plastic hose/elbow on the right hand side. This just slides off.

Attachments

• Fanspeed05.jpg
    Fanspeed05.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,087
The part you are trying to get at is of course right up the back against the firewall, big red circle around it. I removed the two nuts also circled just so I could pull it all away from the firewall a bit to try and get at the screws.

Attachments

• Fanspeed06.jpg
    Fanspeed06.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,203
Once the 2 screws and the brown electrical plug are removed the part should just slide out leaving a space like this. The new one should slide straight back in, with the black side facing back towards the passenger seat. Install everything that previously pulled out. As I mentioned at the start its a bit of a pain in the ass to get at, but just take it slow and you should be right. A good set of right angle screw drivers would also help as some of the screws are pretty tight. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and Ill try and answer them.

Attachments

• Fanspeed07.jpg
    Fanspeed07.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 454
Nice one Ant. I've just ordered a resister from Nissan here in Townsville and hope to get my fan working properly this weekend.

The pics will go along way to helping me keep my patience and not reach for the angle grinder...

Well I finally did the change. Good news: I now know how to change the resistor. Bad news: fan speed 4 it still AWOL. Looks like I'll be getting to know the stitch assembly next...

Fiddly....FIDDLY....roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. All I needed was an offset phillips head screwdriver to get that rotten screw out and do ya think I could find one? Do ya think I could buy one? NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Found a useless mini multitool set at supercheap which did the trick. $24 on ebay

Latest posts

Back