My D21-SD25 fuel consuption test

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway man

Reaction score
So, After all my Blood sweat and Tears and, some Three Hundred dollars for bits
and pieces, My Paddock Ute is finally ready to step out and take a bow, and show
Her paces in a Fuel Consumption test, So I charted Her course on our highways and byways, fueled her and set off with the new Sun on my right shoulder and
headed North to
:"Midland Junction" 70Klm from Home start point., with Workers traveling with me all the way Traffic lights and all!

Then to
"Bindoon boys Town Orphanage," 240 klm from Perth Rural area, with flat roads
and high long hills as well, passing Lanes in abundance for all "D21's- SD25"

Bought a Pie in Bindoon for my much deserved Lunch, and took on another $22.22 for enough fuel to go home and refill for my total fuel costs for the day, So it came up
after all was completed as 454 Klm travelled with 50.38 Litres of Diesel used and my Crystal ball said I used "9" litres per 100 Klm, I am pleased,

Starting Time was 0900hrs, then reverse the hills and come home, and arrive
at 1930hrs for my supper,
Best Regards,

Highway man!
:popcorn1:

Last edited:
Have 1 more whiskey highway man, your old tug is still going ok. The SD25 in your 2wd form is becoming rare but still a good motor and should return the readings you have found.
Cheers

On the Trip

As a matter of interest to some, while I was doing this Consumption Trip I sighted
Three more Nissans sitting in Paddocks and one Datsun King Cab Hardbody, all
could do with a look in the Name of 2nd hand parts!
Just a thought,
highway man!:yeahright:

If you noticed one that looks like that in my avatar I'd gladly grab a car trailer and bring the old girl home. Despite many searches it's gone.

Paddock wrecks

Good Morning Happy John,
Two Nissans I believe and
one Datsun
one Nissan has a tray like mine, I will stop and ask questions next time I am in that area, and use my place as a Base if you did this trip for a little comfort!

highway man!:deadhorse2:

Thanks for the offer highway man. Sadly we move on and I doubt I'll ever see that car again. The bench seat was it's problem, it encouraged one to be randy in public. After bub 1 was confirmed because of the seat it had to go for a duel cab upgrade.

Full seats

HMmm,
I do know what you mean, we have Eight Kids, 16 Grandkids and 6 Great
grandkids, but I have found out what causes them now, so I am waiting for my second Lifetime to start!:rofl2:

It is, I get the same numbers. Hwy man probably used an other way to work it out. The odometer probably is not true either. Sounds like the retired gent is out enjoying himself. Lucky bugger.

Thats fair, and why I put the numbers up, afterall I am dyslexic Rofl, but thanks for the heads up chaps, Next trip I will travel at 80 klm.P.h. which will make a great change, I hope!

highway man

Dion Consumption Figures, my way LoL

Good Morning Dion,

I arrived at my figures this way:
I travelled 454 Klm in my D21 Sd-25, and in doing so I burn't 50.38Litres of Diesel while travelling at 85,Klm per hour,
so, I divided by calulator the 454 Klm's travelled by the 50.38 Litres burn't and the calculator arrived at :
"9.0115125" per 100 Klm's travelled!

Could you please point out my Error please!

best regards,
Highway Man!:dummy:

Last edited:
hey highwayman, i thought thats what you did, i've made the same mistake lol, the way i work it out is divide the litres used by the kilometres driven in your case 50.38 divided by 454 which =0.1109691 this gives you the amount of fuel required to travel 1km, so you then multiply that number by 100 to give you litres/100km 11.09691, hope this helps
best regards doug

Good Morning Dion,

I travelled 454 Klm in my D21 Sd-25, and in doing so I burn't 50.38Litres of Diesel while travelling at 85,Klm per hour,
so, I divided by calulator the 454 Klm's travelled by the 50.38 Litres burn't and the calculator arrived at :

best regards,

Doug here beat me to it with his correct explanation:

hey highwayman, i thought thats what you did, i've made the same mistake lol, the way i work it out is divide the litres used by the kilometres driven in your case 50.38 divided by 454 which =0.1109691 this gives you the amount of fuel required to travel 1km, so you then multiply that number by 100 to give you litres/100km 11.09691, hope this helps
best regards doug

To make it a quick calc on my phone calculator, I will take the amount I've just put in at the petrol station to fill up (50.38), and the trip meter reading with the decimal place moved two to the left (454km --> 4.54), and divide the litres by the hundreds of kilometres: 50.38/4.54 = 11.01L/100km

As a quick sanity check if you're not chasing an exact number, but rather just an indication, then if the litres are more than the first two numbers of the trip meter reading, you're over 10L/100km; I use this information to partly inform my decision about whether I rip less skids.

my yd-2.5 [ d22 ] nav gets approx 9.2 litres per 100. even better on a highway at a speed of around 90 to 100 kph.

30 years of diesel engine technology development and that's all you have to show for it? 2L/100km better off? Haha :redcool:

Good Morning Dion,

best regards,
What you have worked out there is how many km's you travelled per litre of fuel used... which is still relevant in working out economy figures...

Fuel consumption Test

Good Morning Happy John and all you others,

I can only thank you all for your corrections and Interest, and I will certainly use
the Calculator you have suggested for my use in future, All these Years of my
calculations and I am still learning how, even today, and I smile when I think back
and remember that while in our Navy Engineering Department at Sea, one of my
Jobs or Duties, was to daily dip our Fuel Tanks and calculate our Navigators figures for distance travelled against Tons of Fuel Oil Burn't, with great care as there are no Fuel stations out there if we run short or out,

But thank the Gods of "Valhalla and Seaman", we made it home every time, and I
chuckle to think and wonder how many times the "Navigator" must have cooked
my figures to keep me happy in my sleep!

You are now all to be my Navigators, and your calculators will guard my Fuel Reports for my Log-Book!

Best regards to all,

highway man!:adminpower:

Latest posts

Back