Canopy Selection - Help - Avenger or MCC?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corporation

Reaction score
Ive done a bit of research about which canopy to get, keeping in mind good price and good quality. I think i have decided on the avenger XRT canopy is a good option for my 2010 D22. I have come across the MCC 4x4 Canopy but havnt found much info on it. Has anyone had any experience with this canopy or any info

Cheers

Not sure what a MCC canopy looks like but I'd still go for the Avenger. Not a fan of the XRT style but the Avenger was definitely the best canopy I found when I was looking and Avenger in Melbourne were fairly good to deal with.

I was looking at the XRT or the workstyle one with the pop out windows, visually i think the XRT's look better, the only thing i dont like is that it doesnt come with the pop out windows. I havnt seen the workstyle one in person, only by pics. don't like how its got a higher roof than the car.
The MCC's look very similar to the XRT but with the pop out windows. just cant find any info

My Workstyle is by far the best canopy I've ever used, the side access windows beat any other canopy on the market for size and for someone like me who uses the side windows all the time it makes a difference. I don't think the extra height really makes that much difference because it's a bloody big load that is that high but I still think they are constructed better than most other canopies.

It's no real secret I had my problems with Avenger in Melbourne and with the canopy but pretty much any problem was sorted and I dealt with them directly not through a third party. To be honest the problems I suffered have been quickly forgotten given just how much easier this canopy is to work with over others I've tried.

I even wrote a thread about it. http://www.navara.asia/product-reviews/1861-avenger-canopy-d40.html

Is there any particular reason why you didnt like the XRT's besides the pop out window access?
Cheers

I may not use the roof space that often but if I do I want to use all of it. Also I don't like the idea of having to replace bent glass if something happened, and I'm just not a fan of the curved look.

But the main reason was the lift up windows, there was no way I was spending over $2500 and not getting lift up windows, I use them way to often to consider climbing in from the back all the time.

In hindsight the things I didn't think of until I'd fitted it were that I can only use side access in the garage so not having to drive the ute out to load the crap out of the office is a godsend. Mounting the reversing camera inside and up high on the rear window frame (although I rarely use it) was easy and keeps everything internal. I don't remember if the XRT had a sliding front window but i wouldn't do with out it. And i still think it looks better than the curved back.

From what I've heard (and I've only heard it second hand) Avenger prices are a lot more comparable now because most of the other mobs have put their prices up, when I brought mine the Avenger was about $300 dearer (with lift up windows and a front sliding window) than the mainstream players most people were buying from but it was well worth it and in the end my deal changed a bit anyway.

Is the current model D22 the longer or shorter tub?
I was told that the Avenger workstyle canopy for the D22 is for the long tub.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back