Water to Air Intercooler setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while since I updated this thread. W2A has been running sweet all year, I have moved the radiator mounts from the bulbar to the chassis for added strength. Occasionally I will have problems priming the system but moving the pump normally frees the air lock.

Occasionally I will have problems priming the system but moving the pump normally frees the air lock.
you need a bleed point higher than the IC.
one thing i don't like about those IC is the water connection locations. you really need it vertically to get the air out of it.

Yeah I am looking into getting a bleed valve, problem is the highest point on the system is pretty much on the underside of the bonnet so going higher than that isn't really an option unless I rear mound the radiator in the tray.

Yeah I am looking into getting a bleed valve, problem is the highest point on the system is pretty much on the underside of the bonnet so going higher than that isn't really an option unless I rear mound the radiator in the tray.
you could T the IC outlet and route it just above the wiper motor. tap on the end of it. with clear hose should be easy enough to see when air is in it.

Yeah thats a good idea. Well its working now so if I have any more problems with it I may do something like that. Thanks for the idea

Well after a few beers on Friday night I came up with the Idea to mount another W2A core in between the Primary and Secondary turbos to take some heat out of the air. The intake manifold air temp has gone up by about 30 - 40 degrees since fitting the new turbo and it is apparent the current core size is not big enough to take the heat out of the air. I do not have the room to fit a bigger core so I recon 2 smaller cores will work better than one big core.

There may be just enough room if I cut some of the guard out

Just a thought, you could be inspired by the new m3 engine and T off the water coming out from the charge cooler and have 2 radiators to keep the water temperature low. Each radiator can be hidden Behind fog lamp area? Have cut outs on front bumper

I plan to move both W2A radiators to the rear of the truck. They are 24" x 12" x 1" with twin 10" thermos on them, single bosch water pumps. I should have enough room to bout them side by side

Wow, that's should do the job real good. That'll be a large radiator...

Just looking at your w2a, it's the larger one yea? The one you get in the 600hp kit?

Was thinking of getting the smaller kit and have the type 13 one which might fit snugly above the fan shroud between turbo outlet and intake manifold.

Yeah its the 600hp kit, just need to choose the appropriate core with the inlets and outlets to suit the location

Latest posts

Back