supercharger

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
already available from Stillen in the US foer the VQ40
STILLEN : STILLEN Frontier / Xterra / Pathfinder Intercooled Supercharger System
407400~dyno.1.HP.jpg

And the D22 came blown in the US

Last edited:
thats like 230KW at the wheels maybe the supercharger is worth the money, $6000 for a super charger set up :idea:

I get to drive a TRD Hilux from time to time when I work away. Its a factory supercharged v6 with 225kw.

The whine is down right annoying to put up with for any more than 5 mins.

It doesn't go how I expected. I would say it wouldn't go much better than a V6 dunnydoor.

The worst bit is that the last time I drove it, I drove a 140kay round trip mostly highway and it used half a tank of fuel.

Ah but just remember that the Navara already goes harder and faster than the TRD Hilux.
If you have a look in on ClubFrontier.org and search from the guys that race their Frontiers ( US Version of the D40 )Some of those guys are getting great results and apparently the blower is definately worth the effort.
In actual fact it would more than likely be the M90 Blower from Eaton as was used on the V6 Dunnydore anyway that would be used by both Stillen and TRD.

I gotta agree with dave. I pay for a ride in the back seat. A mechanic mate of mine reckons they a real prick to supercharge tho. Internals need to be changed or something he said

I get to drive a TRD Hilux from time to time when I work away. Its a factory supercharged v6 with 225kw.

The whine is down right annoying to put up with for any more than 5 mins.

It doesn't go how I expected. I would say it wouldn't go much better than a V6 dunnydoor.

The worst bit is that the last time I drove it, I drove a 140kay round trip mostly highway and it used half a tank of fuel.

225 is what toyota claim but thats more like engine power and probs not at the fly either, 232KW at the wheels is def worth paying the money for, thats probs another 60-70KW more than what we have now at the wheels, not that I have had mine on the dyno as yet......
and mine def has more go than a V6 dunnydoor now

well now all i have to do is find 6 grand i wonder if it is a work related expense? it already goes pretty good makes nobs in commonhores wonder why they bother, raced a v6 ve manual ute the other day and i was loadedwith my usual gear which puts it at around 2400kg hit 2nd and he started to go backwards he responded by doing a flyby and kept going to avoid more encounters at the remaining sets of lights.

Mate it sounds like with all the guys willing to pay for a ride in either front or back seats, this things should almost pay for itself...LOL.

I would love to see it done and see the results. It sounds good, but expensive to set up. But I guess if it goes as hard as stated then it might be worth doing. I wonder how a Turbo 2.5 would go with a massive turbo set up with this blower to help spool the turbo up....Just kidding!

Have fun and let us know what happens

well now all i have to do is find 6 grand i wonder if it is a work related expense? it already goes pretty good makes nobs in commonhores wonder why they bother, raced a v6 ve manual ute the other day and i was loadedwith my usual gear which puts it at around 2400kg hit 2nd and he started to go backwards he responded by doing a flyby and kept going to avoid more encounters at the remaining sets of lights.

what car and engine you running mate?

I guess that guys LSD is well and truly rooted since he only seems to spin one wheel. It would be more impressive if the burnout was more like this. :3gears:

He didn't have a LSD in that video.

Another video he put up was when he got the LSD fitted.

Dave.

LSD or not
its still sick in my book
burnouts at somebody's expense other than yours is always good

LSD or not
its still sick in my book
burnouts at somebody's expense other than yours is always good

I second that, I love a good burnout but I ain't never done one in my cars but happy to watch someone else do it.

Dave.

I second that, I love a good burnout but I ain't never done one in my cars but happy to watch someone else do it.

Dave.

by that statement....
doing a burnout in someone elses car is okay as long as you are not doing it your own ROFL:3gears:

Latest posts

Back