D40 No code Limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Beast

Reaction score
Hi Guys , am having a problem with my d40 goign in to limp mode , usually when it drops back to idle or i back off the pedal when moving prob happens a few times every trip of say an hour. the other day it did code error P0093 . So on the weekend i changed the fuel filter , SCV and thought it was fixed until, this morning when it did it again. No codes. any Ideas ?? anyone Fuel pressure relief valve is y next guess ..

Thanks for the reply i did the relearn after charging the SCV and looked at the earth terminals but didn't disconnect and check them I will do that tomorrow . I did about 150Ks Today it threw Code P1272 at me once when under heavy acceleration foot to floor taking off which is the pressure relief Valve code i , I have ordered a new one hopefully that will be the end of it . I Will update the post after mi change it.

Seemingly random error codes are usually a sign of:

* Failing battery

* Poor battery terminal connections

* Poor earth connection from battery to engine block

* Poor earth connection to ECU.

I know yours is a D22 and it's usually the D40s that some dingbat forgot to remove the paint under the screw for the ECU earth, but it doesn't hurt to check. "Random" gremlins end up costing a mint to discover that 30 seconds with a small wire brush would have fixed it (often, but not always).

I chased a fault for 6 plus months - as they guys can attest to here.

Turns out it was a faulty connection on the ECM.. Mine would throw a CPS error randomly to the point where it became undrivable.

3 different companies, a timing chain replacement, removal of the DPF. And thousands of dollars.

1 Technician removed the ECM and cleaned all the connections. Problem never resurfaced.

Ok , Have changed my pressure relief valve and that seemed to fix the problem as it came out in 3 pieces , However a few weeks on and now it has started with the limp mode twice a day again.to Recap I have now changed the SCV valve now 3 times in the past 6 months and one time it was a faulty one , Pressure relief valve , another new Fuel filter , checked all of my fuel lines which I have only replaced in the last few months anyway. Have gotten the Code Poo93 twice in the last few days. Every time it happens turn the car off and on again and its ok again. Please does anyone have any ideas I am out of them

Enough component replacing. Time to look at electrical connections.

1) Unplug the ECM - it's on the side of the engine bay near the brake booster against the wheel guard (and above it). Look at all of the pins in the connector. If there's ANY sign of taint/oxidisation, grab some electrical contact cleaner and have at it.

2) Find the earth near the ECU and undo it. Clean it, some D40s had some paint left in the threads and it gave an intermittent contact.

3) Unplug the battery, clean both terminals. Disassemble the positive battery terminal connections, clean, reassemble (don't try pulling the fuses out, they aren't removable). After everything is back in place on the battery, spray both terminals with the battery terminal sealer.

4) Trace the battery negative lead to the engine block and remove and clean it, reassemble.

That's the primary stuff out of the way.

Repeat the exercise for the following: EGR connector, Boost sensor connector, Boost Control Solenoid (BCS) connector.

Also try this: next time you get "limp mode", pull over, keep the engine running and pop the bonnet. Look at the arm under the turbocharger actuator. The arm SHOULD move a little. If it doesn't move and you can clearly see the lock nut, get someone to give the throttle a tap - if the arm still doesn't move, it might be a dying BCS. Mine's just died, and my new Tillix valve arrived today. Out with the drill and welder tomorrow!

Also, with the engine stopped, grab a fresh piece of 3mm hose and attach one end to the turbocharger actuator. Suck on the other end - the arm underneath should move up. If it doesn't, it could be a damaged diaphragm in the actuator (I've got TWO spares now, both have seen a few miles) or the vanes in the turbo could be sticking. Unlikely to be the latter, very rarely the former. Much more common is a BCS intermittent or failed - mine's gone twice (hence the Tillix valve) in 270,000km.

I've had the same issue for about 2 yrs now and have done all fixes mentioned...SCV, BOOST CTRL SOLENOID, NEW SILICONE VANES, ECG CLEAN, NEW ACTUATOR, Checked just about everything under the bonnet mentioned here in previous threads... EXCEPT for removing and cleaning out the TURBO(waste gate, vanes etc...)
exactly same symptoms as Blue Beast, BlackOutlaw and others...
Its is absolutely infuriating to say the least...
a find to this would be God sent !!

G'day
My ST-X 550 went into a no code limp mode, it had a cracked intercooler.

I have the same problem with my 2011 D40. I've cleaned all earth straps I can find, even put a new battery in today to no avail. It's throwing P0546 code which is EGT sensor. Is this the one behind the turbo? Where is the best place to buy one? Can't find any on ebay and nissans would an an arm and a leg !!

I had exact same problem after getting the timing chain done. 6 months of changing parts and spending money. Turned out to be the air con was never plugged back in after the engine was put back in. The computer was getting no response from the sensor and was tripping with a random code. Being the p0093! Check all your sensors for frayed wires and connections before you buy anything!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back