major rattles, lots a smoke & no power ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOT THE BUG

Reaction score
Just dropped my dual cab into dealer today with clouds of smoke from exhaust & no power, it's as if the turbo is just not operating at all, the motor has lots of rattles at 2500rpm or so as well. The vehicle drives fine & there was no real reason for this prob, I fuelled up 4 weeks ago (long range tank) from my usuall outlet & it just started this 2 days ago on startup. Any ideas or other such problems anyone has had ???
This ute has been great from day one it's an 06 & has 46k's on it so far, had flywheel replaced on 40k service & now this, is it a bad omen should I be looking to trade or what...... HELP:bike:

Sounds like your injectors or the usual fue pressure sensor.

Both pretty common on D40's. Which I am assuming you have.

Dave.

Thanks Dave
Just got word today after 5 days in the workshop that they are replacing the fuel rail which I hope is where this pressure sensor is!!
Should have the vehicle back tommorrow.
P.S they also found the clutch flywheel problem has returned & they will replace the flywheel etc in due course. It was only done at 40k,s & now has 46k on it. At 40k they replaced the flywheel clutch & pressure plates. Should this be happening again so soon ??? Are all D40's having these issues..
Me thinks a patrol may be the way to go from here....

Cant really comment on the clutch, but clutches were a issue on early D40's.

The fuel pressure sensor is on the fuel rail.

Good luck mate.

Hope it all goes smooth.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back