Does anyone have/know for a STX 550 if it’s legal to have a steel bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parksy

Reaction score
I’ve been told by TVS in Mansfield that TJM don’t make/ sell a steel bullbar for a Nissan Navara STX 550, and the reason behind it is because it weighs too much.

If you know what bullbars, steel or alloy can go on it let me know please

Did you contact TJM to confirm if this is correct ? sounds odd as just about all the nissan navara bars are fairly simular in size and no doubt weights.

Yes I went into the store and even showed them the car and they rang the TJM direct and was told, they don’t make a steel bullbar for STX 550 yet ARB Ironman and MCC all do

go for the Ironman front Bar. i ,ve seen one on a d-22 and they seem to have a better shape about them compared to the other makes. by the way all steel bullbars are heavy so its also a good idea to upgrade the front suspension if you have it still stock .

It does depend on the axle weight. I'm not sure what they are for light vehicles, but with the extra weight of the motor over yd25 may be enough to put you over the allowed front axle weight.

Then again, I could just be talking a whole lot of crap and maybe they just don't want to make one haha.

It would possibly be worth looking into just in case. In the event that it makes it undroadworthy, could be big dramas in the case of an insurance claim, even if it isn't your fault.

I just spoke to vic roads, there is no regulation on bullbar weight for any vehicle. It all depends if it is certified by the bullbar manufactuing company and it’s airbag compatiable.

Which all are!

Latest posts

Back