Electric windows stuck!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicko

Reaction score
My 2004 ST-R rear left door window will go down but not up as of today! And all others working normally Can anyone give me any tips/thoughts?
Cheers

Last edited:
i had the same problem with my 2003 model in the rear passenger side. i ended up getting a new motor and derailer i believe it was called. which is essentially some aluminium channel with a cable pulley system. you can go brand new but i wasnt impressed with the price from nissan.

Have you tried helping it manually, mine had got tight due to lack of use and needed a hand to get moving

Cheers

Thanks guys, Tried it all here. Both switch's work to go down but not up. HAs a bit of movement manually but wont really budge from its upward placement.
Ill keep ya posted

sounds lik the regulator might have broke. most common thing to break in electric windows.. i have bought 2 for my wifes astra from here http://myworld.ebay.com.au/carsrusaustralia/ lot cheaper then geniune, and much stronger made too! not a big job to replace. I'd email that ebay store for price, then pull trim off your door and see whats broke

Last edited:
Thanks Woznme, Im getting it looked at by a mechanic friend tonight just to check with a multi-metre the switch's are in order. And getting a price from ebay cheers. Looks fairly priced based on other models of cars they have up there. I guessing $40-$100 based on hilux/triton ect price

Got it checked out. Definitely a shagged motor. The carsrus mob unfortunately dont have the part but gave me a few contacts. They seemed very helpfull

I noticed this in mine yesterday. Missus put her window down but couldnt get it back up again. i could however put it up from the drivers side......looks like il be fault finding this weekend

I had the same issue in My 2006 STR (jap) with the passenger front window.. just driving along one day and it decided to go down by its self and would not come back up, i then smelt plastic burning, so i pulled over and disconnected the the switch on the passengers door. Next day i checked it out and the passengers doors switch had completely burnt out. took it to nissan and they thought that not only was the switch buggered, but so was the motor in that passenger door. So i bought a switch off them ($75 from memory) and they wanted $611 for the motor, but i instead bought one from NissWreck for $150. Got home and connected it all up, and i still had the same problem, would try go down, but would not even attempt to go up... after many hours scratching my head and testing all sorts of things with a multimeter, i decided to check out the drivers door mast switches... pulled that all apart to find one circuit on the board to be burnt and broke the connection, i resoldered it and it worked again, both up and down. So i now have a Passenger front Window motor that i didnt even need. Glad i didnt buy one from nissan like they said!

So might be worth checking that out before you spend too much $$$ on new parts

So if anyones after a front passengers elec window motor, i have one that i wish to sell!

Last edited:
All sorted....pulled the window switch off the door. Separated the circuit away from the switch itself and inside there are two metallic sea saws. (Up and Down) The ball bearing had fallen off of the sea saw for the up switch. Little delicate to get back together but easy fix about 15 minutes of my time.

Latest posts

Back