Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Camping Gear

Old 18-03-2016, 01:44 PM

how much did the whole power system cost mate?

Old 19-03-2016, 05:15 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Naudi View Post
how much did the whole power system cost mate?
I did it all myself so the labour is free. Material prob cost me around $1000-$1200. That includes the batt price of $450. And I'm still yet to add solar.

Old 19-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Smile

You've done a very tidy job on that wireing, do you carry that big saw everytime you go away?.

Old 19-03-2016, 08:30 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy john View Post
You've done a very tidy job on that wireing, do you carry that big saw everytime you go away?.
Thanks for that😊 Sparky by trade so wiring is in my blood. Hahaha, nah only carry the saw when needed. Most of the time it gets tied onto the roof. Takes up so much space but very handy. Got used alot in the Vic high Country. Had a look at you set up, looks awsome. Love the slide out draw and the canopy, its def the way to go. Couldnt do a tub with canopy again. Tray and canopy is the way to do it.Truck looks in exceptionaly good nick too

Old 19-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:

Well that explains the quality of the work!, that drawer is huge what you can fit is great. A tip lock it before you climb a 40deg incline after a few grogs lol. And as you said never would I go back to a tub and canopy either, 3k for a plastic canopy and limited space is just silly.

Old 19-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:

Being a sparky you would understand my solar plans. I have 120ah behind the rear seat and the ability to add another 120ah to a Anderson plug in the tray if the extra capacity is needed. So far I've not needed the second battery in the tray. The 120watt portable panel I've bypassed the crappy regulator and run 9 mtrs of 8mm cable direct to the Ctek via an external Anderson.

This way i camp in the shade and the panel does it's work, in good sun we camped for 3 day's with two fridges and maintained full charge. I'm looking at 160 watts on the roof bars as a wind deflector and be able to plug the portable in if needed. The Ctek can handle 300 watts of solar so this will work well. Running 2 Engels 1 as a fridge and the other as a frezzer we should be fine.

Old 19-03-2016, 12:34 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy john View Post
Being a sparky you would understand my solar plans. I have 120ah behind the rear seat and the ability to add another 120ah to a Anderson plug in the tray if the extra capacity is needed. So far I've not needed the second battery in the tray. The 120watt portable panel I've bypassed the crappy regulator and run 9 mtrs of 8mm cable direct to the Ctek via an external Anderson.

This way i camp in the shade and the panel does it's work, in good sun we camped for 3 day's with two fridges and maintained full charge. I'm looking at 160 watts on the roof bars as a wind deflector and be able to plug the portable in if needed. The Ctek can handle 300 watts of solar so this will work well. Running 2 Engels 1 as a fridge and the other as a frezzer we should be fine.
That sounds like a lovely setup you have planned. Looking forward to setting up a panel mysef☺️

Old 20-03-2016, 02:21 AM

jnrsnav you say you payed 450 for a battery is this pretty standard cost?

Old 20-03-2016, 10:14 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Naudi View Post
jnrsnav you say you payed 450 for a battery is this pretty standard cost?
For a 165Ah AGM I think it's pretty standard. You got me thinking now, might go check the receipt 😃 Paid $430.

Last edited by Jnrsnav; 20-03-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Tags
alloy, camper, canopy, toolbox, tray