genuine bullbar + snorkel vs ARB or TJM

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davenavara22

Reaction score
im look to fit a bullbar and snorkel to my 2002 d22 and im leaning towards the genuine ones ($1550 for winch bar and snorkel delivered) but im not sure if the aftermarket brands may be better quality? but they are definetly more expensive.

hey davenavara22, firstly welcome to the forum.

Im not sure on the bullbar, however i recently purchased and installed a genuine nissan snorkel and YD25 intake pipe (to get rid of the pre cleaner on my zd30 d22). i paid $480 delivered, (350 for snorkel kit, 90 for yd25 intake pipe and 40 postage) from Nizzbits. which was actually dearer then the quoted price from tjm $450 and a safari snorkel $460from Opposite lock.

However i went with the genuine nissan from Nizzbits as the tjm snorkel would not have come with the yd25 intake duct so it wouldnt have removed the pre cleaner so it would have ended up costing me more as i would have had to buy the extra pipe and pay frieght on it. also i chose the genuine over safari because genuine with the yd25 pipe you have room for upto a 12" dual battery behind the headlight, and you dont need to relocate your indicator which requires cutting and filling out a shape that ressembles an oval with squared ends.

also the bloke at opposite lock could not tell me what size holesaw i would need for the snorkel so i didnt want to take the gamle of ordering it and then having to go buy a new holesaw (as another forum memeber 04SilverSTR helped me out to install it and we used his holesaw from when he installed his).

are you going to install the snorkel yourself or pay to get it fitted?

Bart

hey davenavara22, firstly welcome to the forum.

Im not sure on the bullbar, however i recently purchased and installed a genuine nissan snorkel and YD25 intake pipe (to get rid of the pre cleaner on my zd30 d22). i paid $480 delivered, (350 for snorkel kit, 90 for yd25 intake pipe and 40 postage) from Nizzbits. which was actually dearer then the quoted price from tjm $450 and a safari snorkel $460from Opposite lock.

However i went with the genuine nissan from Nizzbits as the tjm snorkel would not have come with the yd25 intake duct so it wouldnt have removed the pre cleaner so it would have ended up costing me more as i would have had to buy the extra pipe and pay frieght on it. also i chose the genuine over safari because genuine with the yd25 pipe you have room for upto a 12" dual battery behind the headlight, and you dont need to relocate your indicator which requires cutting and filling out a shape that ressembles an oval with squared ends.

also the bloke at opposite lock could not tell me what size holesaw i would need for the snorkel so i didnt want to take the gamle of ordering it and then having to go buy a new holesaw (as another forum memeber 04SilverSTR helped me out to install it and we used his holesaw from when he installed his).

are you going to install the snorkel yourself or pay to get it fitted?

Bart

mine is the ZD30 not sure if there is a diffence in the fittment procedure but i will probably install it my self i've read the fitting instructions nizz bits sent me and it doesn't seem to complicated, and another thing do the genuine ones stop rain water entering the engine

Last edited:
Ummm im not sure, if you email Nizzbits they will be able to tell you, i think from memory the internal pipe work thats in the 1/4 panel is different from the yd25 - the zd30. Althouh i could be wrong

Last edited:
assassin said:
Hey BP90, does the YD25 intake pipe adapt up to fit a pre-existing ZD30 genuine snorkel?

Unfortunately it doesn't adapt. You'll need the entire snorkel.

Hey guys. I recently got a snorkel off eBay - made in Taiwan - for $180 incl postage. This is fitted now and seems to be just as go as the real deal. I've got one hot tip for you if your gonna self install. Use the template provided, but only as a guide. I drilled the large hole for the pipe first which lined up and was about to drill all 6 holes into the panel needed to secure the snorkel to my Nav. Luckily I stopped after the first one and checked out the alignment. The hole I drilled from the stencil was nearly an inch off where I needed it. From there I did one at a time, checking alignment after each one.
Maybe my stencil was wrong or maybe I didn't have it lined up correctly, but like they say - measure twice, cut once. Luckily I only have one extra speed hole in the side, which is covered up by the snorkel anyway. Phew.
A few other tips which may be in your instructions (mine didn't have instructions)
- tape up the areas you intend to cut with masking tap, to reduce paint flaking off. This also makes it easier to trace/mark the area you need to cut/drill.
- silicone up all your pipes once everything fits. Obviously this is to stop water sucking into your engine through bad joins. I installed everything first and made sure it fitted correctly. Then I took it all apart and sealed it all up on re-assembly.

I hope these tips might come in handy for someone and save you a few $$$ on installation.

VB

Latest posts

Back