Power drop when lights are on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyingeye

Reaction score
Hi All

Hope someone can help I've got this problem that when i turn my lights on i lose power and when I turn off the engine and the lights my dash light is still on while my foot is on the brake pedal and the door alarm which tells you that you've left the lights only works with the brake pedal:unsure::unsure:

Hey mate,

Sounds like the "feature" they have where the ecu reduces power when the brake lights come on. I'd try replacing or at least removing the brake light globes one at a time and see if the issue changes or stops when you remove one or the other.

Someone on here had a similar problem a long time ago and it must have been the brake light filament in the globe had broken and was touching the tail light filament. Replaced the globe and voila all good.

This is all supposing nothing has been modified before the issue started.

Good luck

sounds like someone hooked a door alarm to the wrong wires.

not sure if lack of power with brake light on is a feature or not.
low battery power can cause or bad alternator can cause lack of power when a sizable electrical load comes on.

I had the same problem with my electronic brake controller. It was playing up and applying the brake slightly while I was trying to drive. It put the 2014 D40 into limp mode, couldn’t get over 60km. It also left my brake light on when parked and keys out. I disconnected it and it stopped the problem

Hi All

I hope you all had a great xmas and new year.

I got the problem solved it was a blown brake light bulb

Thanks all for your input and support.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back