Nissan trimmed my warranty by a few months

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLA

Reaction score
I purchased my D40 at the end of October with 3 year extended warranty giving 6 years total. I would expect that would be when my warranty would run out at the end of October. Nissan have just told me that my warranty ran out three months earlier than I expected. I purchased the vehicle brand new, it was not a demo. Nissan tell me the warranty expires on the anniversary of when it was first registered by the dealer and not purchase date.
I asked for an explanation of why would it have been registered so early and was told, probably so the dealer could report it sold to meet quotas for that month.
I discussed this with Nissan and they said, up your nose with a rubber hose.

I don’t have any warranty issues pending but thought this level of dishonesty, as I see it, should be reported on this forum.

The receipt does actually show the warranty as finishing early but I did not notice that at the time and it was never stated verbally.

Comes as no surprise, lucky you didn’t need the warranty JLA.
We brought our new quad bike from Yamaha in Lilydale after my best friends bike cessed the motor 2 months out of warranty... the dealership fix it anyway at no cost and said it never should of happened, good will goes a long long way :)

Latest posts

Back