Leaking Intercooler (2011 YD25)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah could be. It is a factory no cost option haha. Forefront do a fully welded one, but they aren't cheap. I think a couple of other mobs do them too, but are more expensive. The other option is take it off and drop it to an engineering mib who welds alloy and see if they can weld the end tanks on, but that will probably be just as much as the forefront one anyway...

Yeah for $520 I would be happy to just buy one from Forefront. It’s bolt on bolt off so I can easily do it at home rather than paying a mechanic. Is there any way to be certain this is the problem with my Nav not running on boost properly?

Not without a boost gauge, but if your flexible hoses and clamps are in good condition and you haven't got any inlet manifold leaks that will be your problem. I have my boost slightly higher than stock and have a remapped ecu and can hear the boost leaking at high rpm, but it has always been that way since new. I have had a boost gauge fitted since almost new and have never seen a loss of boost anywhere.

I haven't got any oil leaking though as I have a catch can fitted too, to stop oil going back into the intake manifold.

Nah, the D22 hasn't got a boost sensor so it doesn't work. As an example, torque shows my boost at between 22 and 25 psi when it is between 15 and 18 on the gauge. Gauge is Autometer so I trust it to be accurate. The D22 only boosts approx 17psi stock. The app as far as I know only calculates boost from the MAF sensor readings which isn't very accurate.

Forefront Industries Intercooler delivered today. Ordered Easter Sunday and here today... how is that for speedy service!

Will try to fit it this afternoon. I'm guessing it'll only take 30 mins to bolt off old one bolt on new one...

Fitted it all up late last week. Took legit 30 mins to swap over which was nice and easy.

Performance wise - to be honest, there wasn’t any discernible difference between my old leaky Intercooler and this fancy new jobbie

Hey Pumpkin
Any chance of a few photo's as to where you have your catch can mounted?

Latest posts

Back