ECU Tuning and Exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auggie

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

ECU tuning for D40 and D22 (YD25) Navara available from our Bibra lake workshop!

Tunes are custom designed for your vehicle and specific requirements.

Popular choices include:

Eco tune. Targeting better fuel economy (Still picks up some decent response and grunt)

Towing tune. Targeting best lower rpm torque

Power tune. Targeting Best power and torque

Other benfits of an ecu tune can include

EGR off. (Stop that dirty black muck building up in your intake manifold)

DPF Delete. (Alternative to an expensive replacement dpf. saves fuel too!)

Tuning can be done to your vehicle with or without a performance exhaust. We certainly recommend either doing them at the same time or get your exhaust before your tune. The tune cost the same and you get much better results with a vehicle with a performance system.

Tunes $990 including GST

Exhaust and tune pack $2600 including gst (drive in and out, does vary slightly model to model. Normal exhaust system we use is 3inch turbo back)

For all info please contact Mat

[email protected] (Preferred) or 0403682248

Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ECUTuningbyMat

I'm an Official ECUwest Dealer

Last edited:
Customer is happy so I'm happy.

Got my exhaust replaced with new 3" system and ECU tuned done by Matt, nice guy with awosome service, can feel more power and faster response straight after the tune.

Also, the ECU tuned should have solved the occasional white smoke problem, so far I have only done 100kms but will continue monitor it, sure will be back for update once I done more kms.

I Couldn' think of any other places can provide such a good service these days. He helped to pick up my car from my place and returned the car after 5pm (pretty closed to my place), and let me test drive the car to the workshop before making the payment. I have to said their price are pretty reasonable and 100% recommended.

Matt + Peter August Auto repair = Happy Customer

Has done 1000kms so far and has no more white smoke/regeneration issue, also monitored a tank running between Perth to Cockburn (peak hours mostly) at 10.5L/100kms so I reckon is pretty good.

Thanks Matty :)

Attachments

• IMAG0217r.jpg
    IMAG0217r.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0218r.jpg
    IMAG0218r.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG0215r.jpg
    IMAG0215r.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAG0219r.jpg
    IMAG0219r.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAG0212r.jpg
    IMAG0212r.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
So the tunes you are running are simply downloaded to the ECU, ie you give the same one to every vehicle of the same type D22 or D40 yd25? Seeing as you also have the option to just drop your ecu off and have it tuned this is my assumption. So no dyno tuning for each individual vehicle?

Hi Shorty

It's not necessary to dyno tune every single vehicle. ECU tuning is not like chips that need to be set up to work properly. This is commonly pointed out by those who sell the chips as a way to try to "poo poo" the ecu tunes cause they want to sell you a chip. Good chips Like Unichip and alike certainly do a good job but as the guys selling them say need to be set up on a dyno to be correct adusted to get ths best out of the vehicle.

All my tunes are written right here in WA using a test vehicle on the dyno. We create several tunes that provide different results depending what customers typically want. For example more power, better towing torque or better fuel economy. We have these tunes for vehciles that are otherwise stock, have a performance exhaust ect.....

There's absolutly no reason why i cant dyno and tune every vehicle i do. I don't because bother as all this does is cost the customer more for no real gain except they get an expensive peice of paper.

The proofs in the pudding mate. Our customers notice the difference by the seat of the pants not a expensive peice of paper.

If your unhappy i'll return it to stock and it costs you $0.

Bet you dont tho:smile:

Last edited:
Cool just getting info for potential other buyers, I have a zd30 anyway. I totally agree tuning an ecu is far better than using piggyback tuning boxes 'chips'. But your price bracket is what will scare people away.

No worries Shorty happy to answer any questions other may have.

If you think about it pricing is very competitive.

There's another thread over the D22 section where a members trying to decide what chip to get. Another well known Perth diesel shop (who i have personally used in the past and must say they do good work) quoted $3800 for unichip, exhaust and tune. if your a D40 owner you'd still be up for a dpf delete on top of that!

Fair enough you can get cheapie fuel pressure chips for only a couple $100 but seriously they are not even in the same league as a ecu tune or even a unichip.

Last edited:
What software do you use to tune the ECU? Can you post any dyno graphs of what you have achieved? Thanks

Yeah sweet, do you have the ability to remove the torque limiters on the ECU that cut fueling?

Hi mate. Went to the site and found nothing for d22 yd25 motor. Are there dyno sheets available. I have never liked the idea of chips. Am quite keen on this technology.

Latest posts

Back