Intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry, the denco kit is $2134.

Looking at the denco intercooler its fairly thin. anyone with a bodylift should be able to fit it.

due to lack of room on the ZD30 and i hate cutting bonnets, i was looking at water injection. properly far cheaper but water useage is fairly high so you need somewhere to fit a decent size water tank. i was looking at at least a 20 litre.

tweake'e, I have been toying with the same thought. I fitted a supercharger to an 80 Series Cruiser a few years back and as part of the kit, they had a water spray on a switch at full throttle. Where do you think would be the best palce to fit an injection nozzle?

Sorry I've taken this off topic, maybe I should have put it under a new post.

i've been bashing a few ideas around on DevilsOwn alcohol injection : methanol-water injection - DevilsOwn Injection

pre turbo injection should work well. ZD30 has got an alloy pipe on the turbo entrance to mount the nozzle. also can mount a nozzle after the turbo, theres a bit of a casting mark which would make a good place.
pre turbo injection should give a nice little increase in boost as well as making it a bit more efficent. the turbo should produce more boost for lower turbo rpm.

the catch is what sort of system, run it off boost switch or use variable controller or both. set pre turbo nozzle to come on first then after turbo nozzle.

comes down to how much cooling you want, how much alcohol you want to mix with it (acts as fuel) and how much water storage you have.

as a rough calc i think you could easily use 20-30 litres of water to a tank of fuel if you do mostly open road driving.

what about just a thin top mount intercooler that goes straight into the intake manifold. Bonnet scoop no issue, I'll just buy an new D22 bonent and modify it to fit. only issue is cooler itself

i rekn you could mod the denco to fit as a top mount. but theres prob a kit out there for a top mount.

typically you would do a top mount like the patrol does....ie fits over the top of the intake manifold and turbo to intercooler pipe. however this means you need a fair bit of room under the bonnet.

you could fit one over the top of the turbo but all the hot air coming off the turbo and exhaust is not good.

i rekn you could mod the denco to fit as a top mount. but theres prob a kit out there for a top mount.

Why would you want to mod the Denco kit for Joshy, that will go under a stock height bonnet, unless you mean you want to go to a bigger barrel which you probably can with the body lift.

that was more for D22 king asking about a top mount. Altho id prefer to have it top mounted aswell

id rather the top mount, id do a body lift to fit 1 in. what about the patrol ZD30 intercooler. was just lookin at a friends and it should fit id just get a patrol bonnet scoop?

Anyone looked into fitting a patrol ZD30 intercooler?, any reason why that wouldnt work, if you ignored spacial problems of it being a topmount. Be a few lying around from ones that have gone bang.

unfortunatly the patrol ZD30 coolers are well know to crack. might not be worth the hassle.

is that right through the year range? Itd have to be the easiest/cheapest way to do it

the CRD ones they changed the way the mounted the IC and i think they have less problems.

so is there any differences that would make it incompatable? Might go have a look at one at a dealer and take some measurements

will do. I wouldnt buy it off the dealer, prob get a better deal off forum/wreckers.

Had a look at a trol today. With a bodylift i dont think space will be an issue. Its just a matter of how it hooks up, All the sensors and stuff thats on the top of ours. Couldnt see much on the patrol as it had a shroud around it. will have to find some pics someone has of it without the shroud.

Latest posts

Back