Micks HID Projector Retrofits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3 inch kit including the 50 watt upgrade is $370. Installation is $100 without angel eyes etc. If you want them fitted it's an extra $30 for the led angel eyes and $30 installation.

So for the 3 inch kit with 50 watt installed it's $470 plus frieght.

If you want angel eyes it's $530 plus freight.

Cheers Mick.

The 3 inch kit including the 50 watt upgrade is $370. Installation is $100 without angel eyes etc. If you want them fitted it's an extra $30 for the led angel eyes and $30 installation.

So for the 3 inch kit with 50 watt installed it's $470 plus frieght.

If you want angel eyes it's $530 plus freight.

Cheers Mick.

Hey mick
How would they handle being wet through a creek crossing. And do you have more pics of the angel eyes
Cheers mate

Sent from priggaz

Hey mick
How would they handle being wet through a creek crossing. And do you have more pics of the angel eyes
Cheers mate

Sent from priggaz
Hi mate

They go inside your headlight so if your headlights don't fill up with water now then there fine. I got them fitted in a couple of comp trucks which give them more of a flogging then we ever will. lol

As for angel eyes your best off lookin in this link below as it has all my options plus heaps of pics of different 4wds I've done. there are actually more options but I haven't unpacked them yet but there just more devils eyes and different coloured led strips.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/micks-hid-projector-retrofits-84/

Cheers Mick.

Hey mate, how much modification is needed on the original headlight itself?

Hey mate, how much modification is needed on the original headlight itself?
None what so ever mate. The only thing you need to do is drill a little hole which covered by the shroud to run a couple of wires though.

Cheers Mick.

Ahh sweet yeah I'm really interested, got pulled up couple nights ago by the cops and now just looking for an alternative so I can keep the hids

This is the newest D40 light which is one of the more complex conversions. I'll only use genuine Lexus RX 350 Bi-Xenon projectors in these and no angel eyes. The reason being is these lights are worth about $600 each and the lens needs to be actually cut off and then glued back on. Once these lights are put back together they cannot be pulled apart again. So I only use the best projectors available and keep the chinese bits such as angel eyes and devils eyes out of these.

These are the best projector available world wide and there like stepping up from halogen to projector all over again. The down side is there dearer but well worth it. I now have all the gear to fit these or any other OEM projector in pretty much any headlight without the car.

D40lexusprojectors004_zps17ed2dc4.jpg

D40lexusprojectors005_zpsc66a001e.jpg

D40lexusprojectors011_zps4ae2e7ea.jpg

Thats only a 35 watt chinese bulb and as you can see it puts out a lot more light then any of the other projectors. Disreguard the reflection but that spraybooth has a heap of freshly painted white panels hanging in there. As you can imagine with 50 watt ballasts and osram bulbs they would better again and you probably wouldn't use spotties either once you hit highbeam.

D40lexusprojectors006_zps4bc8266c.jpg

hey mick, interested in upgrade fro my d40. gonna be doing alot of driving soon lapping our rock. got roof mount rallye 4000 pencils soon to be hid. soon to have bumper mount rallye 4000 spread, will also be hid. none of this will help low beam, been thinking about telescopic hid but sceptical. black housings and green eyes look awesome man! how much more for this? i am a diesel mechanic loving electrical and am assuming i would be more than capable of self install but how much you charging?
thanks, phil.

It depends on what year model your D40 is on whether you can do it yourself or not and costs. Even retrofitters in the States aren't taking on the new D40s because of what is involved in seperating those lights. If you have the later model then you wouldn't be able to fit them but if it's the earlier model then there pretty easy.

If it's the earlier model then the kit is $420 including everything you need to do it yourself. For me to fit it $200 or $250 if you want them black.

If it's the later model then it's a kit I would have to fit and I only fit genuine Lexus RX350 projectors to these and no chinese crap like devil and angel eyes as once these lights are put back together theres no pulling them apart again. The reason I only fit RX350 projectors to these is they are the best projector and most reliable one available world wide and if you where to have a projector fail in one of these lights then it's not just a projector but a new light and at $600 each cutting corners using cheaper projectors is not an option I'll take.

For the Lexus kit it's $800 for the kit and $400 for installation and I wont fit any devils or angel eyes to these. I don't warrent angel eyes or devils eyes which is why I wont fit them to these lights.

Cheers Mick.

Cheers mick. Mines an '08 Spanish. That $420, does it include green eyes and black housing? Any legalities to worry about? 35 or 50watt? Sorry for all q's man, really keen. What can you do for hella rallye 4000 (H1 globes)?
Thanks, phil.

Cheers mick. Mines an '08 Spanish. That $420, does it include green eyes and black housing? Any legalities to worry about? 35 or 50watt? Sorry for all q's man, really keen. What can you do for hella rallye 4000 (H1 globes)?
Thanks, phil.
$420 is for the projector kit, devils eyes and 50 watt upgrade. The black housing is your old reflectored painted in heat proof paint.

If you want led angel eyes there $30 a pair.

The 2008 models you can fit yourself no worries.

If your worried about legalities forget about the devils eyes and angel eyes and then they will look factory. Being a mechanic you'd know that even upgrading light bulbs is technically illegal but if you fit projectors only and make it look like factory then know one will know they aren't factory.

I don't get into the spotlights to much mate as there are heaps of guys selling cheap ebay kits so I don't bother trying to compete. If your after quality products I do have good quality H1 bulbs and 50 watt ballasts that have internally mounted ignitors though. There twice the price of the cheap ebay stuff but as there internally mounted ignitors you don't have to worry about static in your stereo.

Cheers Mick.

Hi Mick,

I've a 2012 Spainish STX-550. I'm wanting black reflectors/housings, and would like to improve the light output also.
Have I read right that you'd only use the Lexus bits because you don't want to revisit the light when there's a failure?
What turn-around timeframe is to be expected for you to complete this work?

Hi Mick,

I've a 2012 Spainish STX-550. I'm wanting black reflectors/housings, and would like to improve the light output also.
Have I read right that you'd only use the Lexus bits because you don't want to revisit the light when there's a failure?
What turn-around timeframe is to be expected for you to complete this work?
Hi mate

For this job I need a full week as there are drying time for paint and glues. The actual work could be done if a day if there wasn't so many areas that need to dry before another process takes place. In your case paint needs 24 hours to cure, the sealer that goes around the projector, 24 hours, the glue for the shrouds, 24 hours and the lens assembly needs another 24 hours before I can pack it.

Cheers Mick

Understood and thanks for the reply.
Given we're retaining the stock housings, does that mean the stock headlight beam height adjustment stays too?

Yes mate you adjust your lights just as you would normally. 90% of the time the lights will need adjusting when you fit them. I was just looking at a set I'm going for the same model as yours now and I'm not really sure that having a black insert would look to good in those lights as the parker and indicator would need to stay chrome and I think it may look out of place. Unless of coarse your have seen one done and they do look good. It also depends a lot on the colour of the car too.

What are you like at photoshop? lol

Cheers Mick.

OEM variable wattage incab adjustable ballasts.

Well how often have you wanted to have a set of headlights that you can change the wattage to suit your driving conditions??

Well one of my suppliers can now make OEM ballasts (Bosch) that can have the wattage changed on the fly so if your on the road you can have 35 watts or 55 watts or even 70 watts in the bush by the flick of a toggle switch. There are even options of 5 variations but I don't think this is really needed but its available too. These will come potted (waterproof) and heat sink. There is also the options of having boosted OEM ballasts without the need of the variable wattage with these as well.

I can also get 100w Denso which are fully potted with aluminum enclosures and waterproof ATV fans. These come fully potted and can be bolted outside unlike other guys who are converting these ballasts which aren't waterproof.

Both these ballasts are OEM meaning they warm up in a couple of seconds and they can also be used on your spotlights too. So these give you the option of super fast OEM warm up times and also variable wattage which is 2 options you cant get with any ebay ballasts.

Pricing will vary a little depending on the Aussie dollar and the amount of interest I get in these options. I'll also need deposits prior to ordering as there all custom made to customer specs.

The Bosch variable wattage ballasts will be about $450 delivered or a little cheaper if there included in a projector kit.

The 100 watt Denso ballasts will be about $450 delivered also but remember even though these are slightly dearer then other companies in the States selling them there are fully waterproof with a waterproof external fan. The other companies don't make these waterproof (don't warrent water damage) and cant be mounted on a roof rack like these can.

Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Does this kit make it legal to run HID head lights in the nav? Thought they needed to be able to electronically adjust the height of them to be considered legal.

Brett

Very interested in putting these in the gruglux (95 4runner non import).
Xrox bar is being fitted next week and wondering the cost for the kit plus the amber LED for the indicator in the headlight which i would need to make it legal with the xrox bar ?

Latest posts

Back