Micks HID Projector Retrofits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mick.

Reaction score
Micks HID Projector Retrofits $250 projector kits for limited time

Hi my names Mick and I have recently started up a business fitting and also selling DIY HID projector kits. These kits are all very easy to install and come with instructions plus I also have my mobile phone on the instructions so if you get stuck even on a Friday or Saturday night I can help you out. I have a day job aside from this but if you ring though the day I'll get back to you in my lunch break or as soon as I finish work and always the same day.

As the guys on the patrol forum know even when I'm on holidays I take my laptop and still take calls so know one will get stuck with there lights pulled apart and not know what to do next.

Now I have heaps of options but I'll list what suits you guys best.

There are 2 projector sizes one being the 2.5 inch and the other the 3inch projector kit. Both these kits are entirely bolt in. There is no cutting at all and the wiring loom is totally plug and play. There is no cutting here either. The only mods needed ever is a tiny hole to be drilled near the projector for wires to go though which isn't seen once the shrouds go over the top. If you choose angel eyes then it's only a positive and negative wire (no resistors required).

Whats included in the kits are below.

2 x Bi-Xenon projectors (in 2.5 inch or 3 inch)
2 x projector self leveling locators to suit Australian roads. (I get these made to suit)
2 x D2S 35 watt bulbs (4300K,5000K or 6000K)
2 x alcohol wipres for cleaning bulbs prior to fitting
2 x D2S connectors
2 x 35 watt ballasts
2 x shrouds of your choice
1 x H4 wiring loom
1 set of instructions

The 2.5 inch projector kit is $350
The 3 inch projector kit is $445

Options are below.
Up grade to 50 watt bulbs and ballasts +$20 (3inch projectors only)
up grade to Osram 4150K D2S bulbs. +$100 for pair (these are what is used in hid cars from factory)
Angel eyes. The available in white which can be used as parkers or day time running lights or there available in orange for indicators.
2 component heat resistant epoxy glue for gluing shrouds and angel eyes in. $15

Q5boltinprojectorkitwithprestigeloom_zps65ae6a93.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Q5-5.jpg

Q5-4.jpg

I will add more pics later.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me here, or email [email protected] or phone on 0403596123

Cheers Mick

Last edited:
Hey Mick

These look like a quality kit and and I'm pretty sure it will catch lots of interest, especially for the guys who want to change to hid headlights legally. I would be very interested to see these fitted to our factory headlight casings and also see the quality of light. I have been looking at hid conversion but trying to keep it is low profile as possible from the boys in blue.

Rusty

Here you go mate.

sparkslights001.jpg

I also have genuine Lexus RX 350 Bi-Xenon and LS460 Bi-Xenon projectors available as well but they require cutting your lights to make them fit. I'm still waiting for the custom right hand drive cut offs for them though.

Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Would love these eventually but would not like to install them cause I'm lazy haha.

They look pretty fam good. How hard are they to fit?
There really easy mate. It can only get tricky if you start picking the wrong shrouds to suit your light. As I've done a fair few different 4wds now I can usually send you a shroud that fits in with practicaly no mods. The only mod I did with the light above was trim the 2 corners off the projector with a dremel and that shroud fits straight over it. I do this with 90% of my conversions anyway as the corners are only there if there getting bolted in to other makes that aren't H4. I can trim it prior to sending if you wanted anyway. The D22 is one of the easiest lights I've done. They seperate easy and go back together just as well. I wish I could say that about some of the ebay lights I've been sent for patrols. lol

Would love these eventually but would not like to install them cause I'm lazy haha.
No worres mate. I'm doing installs all the time and even when I get snowed under I have a guy who helps me. If I can get them on a friday there usually in the post on monday.

Cheers Mick.

Newcastle

It should come up in my location now. I just updated it.

Cheers Mick.

Not on my Iphone app unfortunately. I'm too lazy to get on the laptop haha.
How much do you charge to install?

Not on my Iphone app unfortunately. I'm too lazy to get on the laptop haha.
How much do you charge to install?
If it's just fitting to the headlights then it can start $100 just for the lights and an extra $30 if I have to add angel eyes.

I don't really like doing full installation as I'm doing this as a second job and time can be an issue. I can and will do it but then the labour goes up to $400 and I need the 4wd for a whole day.

Cheers Mick.

How good are the lights after the conversion
Have a look at a new Lexus, Merc or Audi. The better then them as I have clear lens conversions done to the projectors prior to install.

Do you have a comparison photo of light spread before and after install?
Yes. Now keep in mind this was only the 2.5 inch projector not the 3 inch projectors which are better again. These where only taken with an I-phone. I took it with an i-phone to prove they hadn't been tampered with. A good SLR can make the crappiest photos look good.

HIDprojectorconversion1013.jpg

lightaftershots001.jpg

Here is a thread I have on the patrol forum with pictures of some of the retrofits I've done or my customers have done.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/mick...ts-84/pictures-hid-projector-retrofits-90879/

Cheers Mick.

Mick

these are becoming more and more promising. the D22 you done was that the 2.5" kit? how well does a 3" kit fit in with 50w ballast etc? would 50w be brighter then the 35w? also recommended light color for best light output? i have 5000K hid conversin in me ipf900 which was a kit that came from Matt(Jet6).

Rusty

Mick

these are becoming more and more promising. the D22 you done was that the 2.5" kit? how well does a 3" kit fit in with 50w ballast etc? would 50w be brighter then the 35w? also recommended light color for best light output? i have 5000K hid conversin in me ipf900 which was a kit that came from Matt(Jet6).

Rusty
No mate thats the 3 inch kit in the D22. I very rarly sell the 2.5 inch kit anymore now that I have the 3 inch projctors as there isn't much difference in size.

The most common conversion kits sold are the 3 inch kit with 50 watt ballasts and 4300k or 5000K bulbs. If you already have spotlights with the 5000K bulbs then I would stick them in your projectors too.

Cheers Mick.

Here are some pics which clearly show why Projector HID is superior to throwing HIDs in reflectors.

This is HID in reflectors (lowbeam)

IMG_1234_zps2058e1c6.jpg

This is HIDs in projectors (lowbeam)

IMG_1296.jpg

HID in reflectors (highbeam)

IMG_1235_zps00091991.jpg

HIDs in projectors (highbeam)

IMG_1298.jpg

You can clearly see how much more controlled the light is in projectors. It's a lot brighter but it's also aimed at the road and these have a true highbeam that actually works.

Cheers Mick.

This is what projector HID cut offs look like. You can see here that these cut off shields are designed for Australian roads unlike more you see on ebay. The cut off shield is what stops the lights from blinding oncoming traffic.

scaredofthedark005.jpg

Cheers Mick.

Latest posts

Back