replacement turbo d22 yd 25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezelberry

Reaction score
hi all im looking into upgrades to get more power for towing wondering if upgrading the turbo would provide better power and less lag getting new exhaust and thinking intercooler upgrade to help as well thanks Blake

I think it's more of a complete engine tuning issue, rather than just the turbo.

Nissan have done a pretty comprehensive de-tune of the YD25 that they put into our D22's. A mate has an R51 Pathy with a YD25 in it & it's chalk & cheese to my D22 YD25.

It would likely be more cost effective to buy a more powerful 2nd hand car?

I realise that everyone is different, but I don't have any issues towing with it, other than taking off from at standing start on an incline when loaded up near the max. I hate slipping the clutch, so I have been known to stall it lol.

thanks for the advice just ordered a new camper that is 2.2 ton atm and 1.7 ton tare so just weighing up options to make sure it tows it ok

It'll tow those weights fine. What it will have issues with is ball weight. I've towed a caravan with around 160kg on the ball & a camper trailer with around 120kg on the ball & the D22 was dragging it's arse badly. Especially towing the caravan.

Latest posts

Back