Here is a Gremlin for you.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh9359

Reaction score
I have a 2013 d22 str about 180000ks on it doesn't use oil,runs perfectly till tonight,started normally idled for 2 min drove about 8000meters,lost all power,about 100ks from home,every thing sounded normal,just no power,didnt stop car wanted to get it home if I could,got home,turned off car and started it again everything normal,took it for a 20k run everything fine,any ideas?

Not that I’m incredibly knowledgeable on this stuff, but it sounds like it went into limp mode.

My D40 has done it a few times. Initially I gave it a liquimoly diesel purge and it ran fine for a while, next time I replaced the suction control valve as another common issue. I ran injector cleaner through a few tanks and it seems to be running well without it now. Our R51 pathfinder (same YD25 motor) also did it once and only the once. Restarted and it ran fine but i out the injector cleanse thorugh the next couple of tanks and it hasn’t repeated in over 2 years.

The D40s will do that if the SCV is on the way out. If your D22 is a newer model it may suffer the same problem.

Typical cause of symptoms appearing: accelerate hard
Typical red herring solution: loosen the fuel cap a little
Actual fix: clean, or replace the SCV.

Of course, it could be the turbocharger if yours is a variable vane (although I didn't think VNT turbos were fitted to D22s, but can't say with 2012+ models).

Had a similar thing happen twice in a row last year coming back across the Nullarbor from Ceduna to Perth. Cruise control on doing just over 100km/h and it felt like the ignition had been turned off. Pulled over and it idled normally, just had no input from the accelerator. Turned off and restarted and it was fine. Got going again and put the cruise control back on and same thing happened again a few minutes later. Thought something weird electrical was going on with the cruise module so I drove for a while using the accelerator and didn't have any more trouble. Tried the cruise again and it was fine.

Did it again once late last year on a trip north from Perth. Only once, but I happened to have torque running on my phone and noticed it did it going up a hill and the fuel rail pressure spiked to around 21000psi. Thought it was a bit high, although it would spoke about the same without using the cruise control.

I changed the primary fuel filter not long after (I have a stanadyne pre filter fitted) as it was due anyway and haven't had any trouble since.

The d22s don't have a boost sensor, so the only thing that could trigger limp mode is excessive fuel rail pressure or possibly high or low maf reading. All I could put my issue down to was probably the fuel filter causing restriction and the pump working harder to maintain pressure so it triggered limp mode... If you have a smart phone and can use the torque app it helps a lot in diagnosing problems.

The D40s will do that if the SCV is on the way out. If your D22 is a newer model it may suffer the same problem.

Typical cause of symptoms appearing: accelerate hard
Typical red herring solution: loosen the fuel cap a little
Actual fix: clean, or replace the SCV.

Of course, it could be the turbocharger if yours is a variable vane (although I didn't think VNT turbos were fitted to D22s, but can't say with 2012+ models).
First thought for me was turbo but no smoke blowing as I have read in other posts,i do run a chip and that would be first port of call next would have been fuel as I had with 2ks of job filled up at servo I hadn't used before.

Latest posts

Back