bfg muddies on road

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt c

Reaction score
hey guys
looking at some bfg muddies in 245 /75 r16 I would prefer AT's as im on the road a lot. the muddies are goin for 300 bucks at my local jax at the moment wondering how they handle on the road wet and dry and what sort of km's I might get out of them

should get 50-60k out of them, by all accounts they are one of the best muddies for onroad manners, MTZ's being the other one.

Ive had both BFG'S and MTZ's on the road in the past , the MTZ's were a better tire , lasted longer 70,000 and less noisy , BFG's tended to squirm more too due to their more rounded profile , all things being equal , a set of 265x75x16 , the MTZ's look a bigger tire as well as they have a more square profile , most people who see my Triton pic ask if their 285's

what sort of price are the mtz how do they handle in the wet

Dont know current prices , but would be around the same as BFG's , and they were ok in the wet , probably as good as some all terrains ive used

yeah true just i just don't wanna buy the bfg muddies and they chew up on the road quick anyone had them on sand

I have , i do heaps of remote fishing , no mud tire is really good on the sand , in fact road tires are probably best on sand , or non aggressive all terrains , all they do is dig you in

Then km2 seem to be great on road, a lot quieter then massix bighorn (new model), about the same traction off road as maxxis.
handle pretty well for a 33.
so far happy.

thanks guys
yeah i would probably prefer bfg ats but they don't make them in the 245 75 that's what i need unfortunately

hey mate, I have a set of 265 75 KM2'S on my D40 and havnt got any major gripes with them bar pushing the fuel economy up to 15L/100KM.

Had them over on the sand at straddie the week before last and were fine on the sand as well. You get a little bit of digging in but not enough to worry about.

On road there is a little bit of road noise but cant hear it over the radio anyway haha. I cant comment on the MTZ'S as I have never owned a set but im pretty happy with the KM2'S.

Cheers, Mick.

I got quoted $370 for 265/75r16 MTZ's at arb so probably a little less than that at tyre shops, be prepared to pay more for the KM2 though.

I love my km2's. on road I can't tell the differance between them and the standard duelers bar a little bit of road noise but definitely not loud like some other muddies. At this point I don't think ill be changing brands when these are stuffed.

-Tyler

I'm looking to changin tires too, currently have Cooper STTs on but they're on their fourth year and have dried up a bit hence have become a bit noisy and producing vibrations, the worst is at 40-70km/h.

I'm between the BFG A/T & KM2, I'd like to reduce fuel consumption a bit and have quite ride but tread has to be a bit aggressive too. I'm really stuck between choosing one of the two. How are the KM2s in terms of long term noise? (3-4 years life)

I've searched many times and opinions are mixed and differ much in various forums.

Thanks for the comments guys had a look at some hankook dynapro mt on a mates truck today don't seem like a bad tyre does anyone no anything about these

Hey looking at upgrading from my 245/75/16 coopers st maxx looking at going to the 265/75/16 are the km2 a good mudd option as I was thinking off coopers stt and have heard really mixed reviews and I do a bit of road driving and also tow a car trailer a bit

My 265/75 KM2's have been on for about 25thou now and have barely worn at all and I have found them to be really good on the sand and haven't got me stuck yet. Just like Mike said, I got them off of Stgeorge tyres and they were $330 each and I got them fitted for 20bucks a corner............ If any1 is looking for MTZ's, beerwah tyres on the sunshinecoast are doing 285/75R16 for $330 fitted and balanced,they are definately a bigger make than the KM2's tho

Thanks for the comments guys had a look at some hankook dynapro mt on a mates truck today don't seem like a bad tyre does anyone no anything about these

I was considering going with these before ending up on the BFG AT's. They are a nice looking alternative to the popular muddies I reckon :)

if your worried about the MT/AT issue you could look at Goodyear Duratrac's bit expensive but they are an awesome tyre that is about as aggressive all terrain as you will find plus I think they make them in the size you want.

Latest posts

Back