brake dust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pads are dusty because they are quite soft, this gives more reliable braking in all conditions and reduced brake fade but 'usually' reduces pad life. the other benefit of a softer pad is less wear to rotors. as for pad life i cant speculate, mines only got 17,000klm so too early to tell.
personally, considering the amount of weight these pads have to pull up i am very pleased with their efficiency, little bit of dust is a small price to pay for being able to stop.
with regards to aftermaket pads, you need to be careful what you choose, cheap pads tend to wear out quite fast or are too hard and loose efficiency when they heat up (brake fade) which will also damage rotor. sure all replacement pads have to meet certain criteria but keep in mind you get what you pay for.
the way i look at it is that the amount of money manufacturers spend when provisioning products for cars during testing, if there was anything better available for a reasonable price, they'd have used it.
the best aftermarket pads i have used are lucas but not too easy to find, just as good as bendix ultimate but heaps cheaper. best readily available pad for 4x4 would probably have to bendix 4wd, bendix would have to be the biggest brake material company in the world, ive been fitting & selling there truck linings for the past 15 years and not once had an issue where cheaper materials have cracked, broken, or worn prematurely.
hope my rambling helps.

Latest posts

Back