Calmini SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the coil that goes on the coilover. You can get different weights and spring rates.

Personally I would forget the d44 they are too rare and not strong enough. Custom housing using standard parts is the way to go.

a guy that use to be on here has used a calmini kit, so it shouldnt be a problem.

Personally I would forget the d44 they are too rare and not strong enough. Custom housing using standard parts is the way to go.

So just get a custom diff to suit the calmini kit?
I think buds can do them. Not sure on the price though...

what axle would go through it though?

yeah buds can do them not sure on his price and a guy i know has been waiting 5 months for his custom diff for a hilux. Can recommend JMW engineering in dubbo, not sure what he charges either tho.

If i was to do it it would be a nissan or 60 series centre with 80 series axles and cvs so you can upgrade to longfields if you ever feel the need. If you wont ever run bigger then 35's then id get a gu housing flipped and use the standard axles. the wheel track different isnt huge and gives you the option later on to upgrade the rear.

ahhh thanks joshy.
Wonder what the cost and trouble are of flipping a patrol diff.

Ive had another look around for DANA 44 diffs. The 2007-present JK wranglers have DANA 44 front diffs.

i dont think you'll get ratio's to match up with the dana 44, probably have to change the rear as well to match.

patrol diffs stronger, surely that would be a better and easier option?

are you going to do the work yourself or get someone else to do it?

Pretty sure all the wranglers are driver side drop? So no good. It u provide the diff I'd say it could be flipped from around $500-$1000

Ahhh.. well in that case flipping a patrol diff would be the cheaper option. If i could get both patrol front and rear axles, (most likely coil the rear at some point too) then would my transfer and gearbox have to be changed?

heard its better to run a patrol transfer and the front half of the ZD30 gearbox and have the RD28 rear part of the gearbox...

Yep I can't tell you what you need exactly but that sounds right as you will more then likely stretch the chain.

Ahhh.. well in that case flipping a patrol diff would be the cheaper option. If i could get both patrol front and rear axles, (most likely coil the rear at some point too) then would my transfer and gearbox have to be changed?

Heard its better to run a patrol transfer and the front half of the ZD30 gearbox and have the RD28 rear part of the gearbox...

Saves !@#$ing around flipping the diff and you get a heaps stronger transfer by using a GQ or GU transfer.

Dave, so by using the patrol transfer, the diff wouldnt have to be flipped so the pumpkin would be on the drivers side..
That would make life easy..... well easier

Unfortunately doesn't end there. You will most likely then have to get the patrol sump and pickup as the sump offsets are different to suit the front tail shaft running on different sides.

All in all. If i can get a rolling gq chassis all the parts needed would be at my disposal.

Dave, so by using the patrol transfer, the diff wouldnt have to be flipped so the pumpkin would be on the drivers side..
That would make life easy..... well easier

This is the best way I figured to do it. But i'd be using the GQ coil setup

This is the best way I figured to do it. But i'd be using the GQ coil setup

Whats the reason for that one? Means the calmini kit would be useless and would make up custom mounts for the coils and make a 3 link set up out of it.

The Calmini kit would be really good as just a bolt on kit and just use the patrol diff and use different mounts. The patrol diff can always be cleaned up and have custom mounts.

I personally don't like coils overs. So i opted to go the path of stripping the GQ gear off and welding it to the frame. Makes it look more genuine

Fair enough then.
I've always liked coilovers so i might just stick with the fox ones you can buy with calmini.

my mate rolled his 2.8 patrol a month ago, i might be able to get that fairly cheap and use most of the parts out of that. Any model patrol you are thinking of using?

Back