Originals or coopers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm about to pick up the new toy and would like your opinions on whether i keep the original 255 tyres or replace them with a near new (approx 5000kms) set of Cooper 24575R16 ATR's i have on the forbie i'm about to sell when the new rig shows up.

Cheers

A mate has the new D40 with the Continentals, apart from what the others above have said he reckons they are deadly in the wet. Get rid of em.

I'd go the coopers too, those Continentals they supply are s!@t to say the least.

A mate has the new D40 with the Continentals, apart from what the others above have said he reckons they are deadly in the wet. Get rid of em.

I would leave them on for a couple of weeks lay some skids give the rig a bit of a hiding and loosen her up a bit then pop on the coopers for sure...
but thats just what I would do, sorry am doing atm :big_smile:

originals seems to be alright on the open road for road noise and grip but when it comes to anything wet or muddy forget it.....I am just waiting to run these down then get a new set of something else not sure what but anything would be better than these....

PISS THEM OFF. i only did 5000km on the continentals up to mackay then back through central queensland.did a fair bit of driving on cattle stations and dont rate them at all. good on road but you dont buy a 4wd to be a soccer mum.
came back and bunged on a set of bfg a/t 265,75,16.was gonna go coopers but coudn't justify the coin.
sold the continentals to a mate for his pajero covered half the price of the new tyres :top:
Rang up to see what the originals were thinking they'd be cheap shit and both tyre joints came back with $345 and $340 per tyre.i almost fell over.

i hear it's hard to beat a set of coopers though.

good luck with the new toy.
cheers

Latest posts

Back