Exhaust for 3.2lr????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22FELLA

Reaction score
Gday people,

My father in law has a 1998 3.2 litre D22. we all know that they are not supercars, nor even close to keeping up with a snail.

However we are throwing a few dollars at the old girl, injectors, snorkel, extractors, exhaust etc.

I can get my hands on some extractors for $170. I can get a 2inch outlet or 2 1/4 outlet on these. What size do we all think? I was leaning towards to the 2 1/4.

Which brings me to my next question, a new exhaust for her to go with the extractors. Has anybody else fitted a new exhaust on a 3.2?? What money did you pay etc??

Bloke down the road wants $750 to bend some pipe for me to make one...... NO THANKS.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers to all.

you could make your own pretty cheaply if your capable with a mig welder.
just buy 3inch straight pipe and the mandrel bends that u need, up to u if u want to add muffler and or cat.

I have a QD and im pretty sure the stock system is 2inch, or just over.
I would opt for the larger diameter extractors.

the Nav is pretty simple system, its mostly straight till the 2-3 kinks in the rear section. so if you have some pipe (cheap as usually $40-60 for 6M depending size) then give it a go and make your own.

You dont even need bends, you can get away with cutting the pipe on an angle to get the bends. lookup 'Lobster pipe' on google images to get an idea, its just allot more welding.

I did this to my d21 and used 3inch...it took most of a day, did-not look pretty ( i suck at welding) but it functioned just fine and only cost around $100 in parts (welding wire and pipe).

the other option is to use the existing pipe and just cutout the mufflers for a higher flow. depending how fussy your old man is, it will make some noise but its tolerable noise not stupid noises like a petrol will make (wet fat, loud banging etc)

$750 for a nav is a bit expensive for extractors back.... id honestly be looking around till you find something under $500...its just labor intensive building exhausts.

or find a seciondhand aftermarket system and hope it fits / or hope it was cheap enough so you can cover the modifications to fit it.

The extractors will help a little, but if you can find a wrecked terrano cheap, your better of getting the turbo setup from it and bolting it up.

you could make your own pretty cheaply if your capable with a mig welder.
just buy 3inch straight pipe and the mandrel bends that u need, up to u if u want to add muffler and or cat.

Don't even need a mig really, I did mine with a stick welder and its fine...

As above exhaust tube isn't expensive. If you want a bit neater bends than lobster welded, lol, you can get an "exhaust donut" which is as it sounds, a donut. Then just cut the bends as you need them from it...

Don't even need a mig really, I did mine with a stick welder and its fine...

As above exhaust tube isn't expensive. If you want a bit neater bends than lobster welded, lol, you can get an "exhaust donut" which is as it sounds, a donut. Then just cut the bends as you need them from it...

stick would be fine too, mig probably be a little bit easier tho.

lobster pipe looks pretty good if done neatly, but easier to use bends or a donut.

Yeah know what you mean. I've done 2 with a stick welder now and a mig would be easier. First one was a 3" on a patrol which I used a donut for and was very easy.

The nav so far is a 2.5" with sort of lobster bends. A lot harder and I really need to finish it off and neaten the bends up a bit. I'm thinking of just getting another donut to make it a bit nicer

Latest posts

Back