Hey - Exhaust advice needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juck

Reaction score
Hey gang, first time user here and need some advice. I have a 2006 St-x D40 TDi (manual) and was wondering if anyone can reccomend some exhaust mods to fix up the smokey bottom end? Also, something that helps reduce the turbo lag would be nice.

Has anyone done any other performance mods that beefs up our little babies?

Welcome Juck

Exhaust systems have been noted extensively and there are quite a few recomendations.
Try searching past posts and see what you can come up with.

I don't know of anything to stop them smoking, I think we are stuck with that. I have a 3 inch exhaust and chip in mine, it goes a fair bit better than stock now.

Welcome to the forums!

I suppose it depends on the smoke, really.

Black smoke is unburnt fuel and while you could go see a chip manufacturer to get things like injector timing and duration adjusted to lean it up, you could do simpler stuff like removing any restrictions in airflow in the intake - it's amazing how many people forget to clean or replace their air cleaner.

If it's blue smoke, you're burning oil. Remove the dipstick and check the oil. Is it darker than it should be? Does it look smokey (blackish)? If the last oil change wasn't that long ago, it's possible you've got a blow-by problem and some oil vapour is heading up the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) and being fed back into the combustion chamber. You might consider an oil catch can (regardless of the state of the oil).

If the smoke is grey/white, you may have a sticky injector or two. While Krankin will get cranky with me for suggesting it, you could put a bottle of diesel-appropriate injector cleaner in the tank, or 300ml of JASO-FC rated 2-stroke oil. Using the oil will also dampen the noise in the injectors by a small degree.

Latest posts

Back