Best Tyres - D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUICED

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I have just purchased a D40 dual cab.
which i am wrapped with......

Just curious. I want ppls opinions on the best tyres to suit it.

It currently has Bridgestone Duellers 235/70/R16

I had a quick search on here but all the tyre sizes ect dont mean much to me.

Just wanna know best brand, or value for money and what size tyre would suit all round things. i am going up the centre of aus soon, outback, then going across the simpson desert ect. but i also do alot of highway klms.

it doesnt have a lift kit, donno if i will get one. undecided.

any help greatly appreciated.

Can of Worms

Hi Juiced

I have had my D40 for 3 months and loving it. The guys on this site are good value too. Like many others, mine is work in progress with accessories being added as the cash flows.

On the question of tyres, you have opened a can of worms. It seems to me that many have their preferred brand and/ or type.

My research of the subject is that if its is your daily drive then a good set of all terrain tyres is probably the best soultion regardless of brand. If its more "play than work", then muddies are best and if you wanna play with the big boys then a suspension lift and much larger tyres will be needed.

As for size, D40s have a known speedo error and shodding your Nav with 265/75s will address this and give you a small lift, but some will tell you that you'll lose power because the Nav's gotta turn the larger tyres. For me, I done the snorkel and exhaust, with Chip to come to address the power issue. I am then going to replace the suspension giving my bus a modest 40mm lift and then fit some 265/75 ATs. I just can't decide on which brand of tyre!!

Bosshog

thanx for the reply boss.

what exhaust did u fit?

yea i think just a set of Coopers or BFG's.

what size do u rekon ?
will 265/75 be too big without a lift?

i like the bridgestone d694 in LT trim. But i'm only a easy offroader, nothing too wild :D

I'm heading off around Oz in July. I've fitted BFG AT 265/75, good all round tyre with a good repuatation. Paid $270 each for 6 of.

thanx for the reply boss.

what exhaust did u fit?

yea i think just a set of Coopers or BFG's.

what size do u rekon ?
will 265/75 be too big without a lift?

Juiced, my exhaust is from a SA/NT business :: D&T Performance Exhaust Centre ::. The Nav's 3" is the second system I have had fitted from them (the first was to a BF Falcon ute) and I am very happy. No extra exhaust note with the 3" on the Nav, but certainly more turbo noise and HEAPS more oomph when you mash the pedal to the floor!

265/75s will certainly fit under the guards. As for brands I'd love Coopers or Mickey Ts but BFGs offer the best value for money - or do they?

Bosshog

I got a quote for a set of 265/75 Cooper ST. $332.00 per corner. Anyone else priced up Cooper STs?

hey 08Kingcab

was it one of these you purchased?

BFGoodrich Tires
Hi, yep the BFG all terrains, My last set lasted 70k with no punctures. Bought them from Edgars Tyrepower in Melbourne. The mud tyres are good too, but I prefer the Mickey MTZ. But it's just my opinion, I think all the tyres are pretty good these days it just comes down to the best deal you can get.

Hi there, I've got a D40 duel cab V6, current stock suspension but have changed tyre to a Maxxis BigHorn 265/75/16 MT's little bit noisy on the road but not that botherd, lost a little bit of take off power in 1st gear but i reckon that from the top of 2nd and all the way through 3rd it pushes alot harder and longer. Improverd handling and bodyroll, and overall cruizing speed ride, and on top of it all it looks MEAN AS!!! Had the tyres on for a year now and I do alot of off road driving and sometimes can't help myself spinning those big wheels on the road (since it's so easy in the Nav) and the tyres have hardly worn I reckon honestly atleast 9/10 for these tyres(comparing to other MT's on the market for the price), got them for around $200 each.
Looking to put a 5inch calmini lift, as soon as finaces are right.

Last edited:
evening i myself just purchased a set of bfg km2s mud terrains and they are awesome 265x75x16 at $310 each boot at widetread in ferntree gully & lilydale

G'day Mph70, your'e obviously happy with the km2's. I just read the 4wd Action muddies test and they came out on top. The new tread pattern certainly looks the goods.

How do you find them on the road wet/dry and have you noticed any appreciable loss in power on takeoff, are you running an auto or 6spd.

I saw in another post last night that you had these on and I went hunting for any gallery photo's to have a squiz at your ute with the lift etc, to see how she sat, couldn't find any.

Latest posts

Back