YD25 Questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hadricus

Reaction score
Hey all,

A couple of questions that the gurus could answer about the 09/10 ST-Rs running YD25 engines.

1. Do they have a Variable or standard turbocharger? An old thread says that at least the '08 DX's (YD25) have a standard.

2. Installing a boost gauge, where should I hook into?

3. Where should I put the blocking plate to cut off the EGR, and is there a butterfly to disable? The D22 service manual seems to show one as a part of the control valve.

Cheers!

They run a standard turbo.

Not sure on the D22 but plug in a scanguage on a D40 and you will get all the data from the engine. Far better than just a boost guage IMO.

No idea on the egr, lots of guys do the mod on the 3 litre though.

I think I've just read my way to an answer.

Looking at the service manual, it appears that just blocking off the EGR at or after the EGR Cooler will do the trick. The valve will still operate, however no exhaust gas will go through, only air.

Here's the circuit diagram I'm working off to make this assumption:

12kq8E.Screen%20shot%202010-05-20%20at%2015:26:16.png

for a brand new car i wouldnt go mucking around with the EGR

not only do you void your warranty, you're also messing with the EPA/emissions laws which will get you in the big doo doo if you get caught.

for the boost gauge, T piece inline where the small rubber hose comes off the turbo housing and to the waste gate actuator

Latest posts

Back